1.    #1  
    Over at engadget, writer Peter Rojas look like he just got the generous Sprint Treo upgrade offer -- $75 in trade for his good condition Treo 600!

WOO HOO! Can we possibly resist this generous and tempting offer to rid ourselves of the Treo 600 and take on something new? I can see the lines forming around the corner of Sprint stores now.

We have to take advantage of an opportunity of a lifetime during the lifetime of the opportunity!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...
    I'd worth at least $125 as a PDA and $100 as a MP3 player. The combination of the two (without counting that it's a cellphone) would be 150-175. Add the camera to the package and you are talking 175-200 if it didn't have a phone or internet connection. I almost want to go to Sprint and projectile vomit on all their other phones.
    oh man, I thought this meant at first that you could trade in your T600 for a T650 for only a $75 charge.

Now I get it. That's the worst offer ever. You can get over $100 for a non-working T600 on ebay for cripes sake!

-WC-
    That's just bad
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    Nah, it hits square in the face - $75 off is it. That sucks. However, when it becomes available, I will be in line. Ben
    What do they sell for on eBay in the USA? In the UK I've seen some go for over 200 - even though you can get them free with some Orange 12 month contracts.
    gee, wonder what they will offer me for my treo300??
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    What do they sell for on eBay in the USA? In the UK I've seen some go for over 200 - even though you can get them free with some Orange 12 month contracts.
    on ebay.com, seems that used good condition ones are going for $300-$350ish, new $400-450ish. Those prices without accessories and such.

-WC-
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    gee, wonder what they will offer me for my treo300??
    I'm in the same boat, but I was assuming I would get the $150 rebate for a new phone as my contract with them is way over. You must have seen the adverts where they tell you their existing customers get just as good deals as their new customers
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by shady
    I'm in the same boat, but I was assuming I would get the $150 rebate for a new phone as my contract with them is way over. You must have seen the adverts where they tell you their existing customers get just as good deals as their new customers
    That's "program" is a semi-crock of crap. Existing account holders can trade-up to a new handset after 18-months, but, they have to mail-in to get the service credit dollars. You hardly get treated like a new customer in this process.

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    FREE with a 12-month Orange service contract is a pretty nice up-front deal. I guess they get you on the back end with the service costs for data and such. Sprint has that unlimited Vision data package in the US that makes the data, SMS, web and such much easier to budget over the term of the contract. I think $299 - 349 US is the best price you can find here -- and that's for a 24-month commitment.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...