1.    #1  
    AT&T are telling me that I can "unlock the phone all you like you can't change the service provider".

What are the steps to unlock the phone and what pieces of equipment are needed?

A very angry consumer.....
    As above, so below

Professional>VDX>Prism>T600>T650
    Yes, the AT&T policy is to never unlock any phones. They suck. However, if you search in this forum, you will find stories of people who did unlock their AT&T phones.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I believe mytreo.net posted instructions to unlock your phone - but unfortunately all phone companies refuse to unlock their phones to other providers.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    it is possible and I have done it....let me know if you any questions...
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    same here, done it with no problems. went to the T-Mobile store and had them try their sim and it worked fine. just waiting for ATT to **** me off enough to go back to TMo.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by thesoze
    it is possible and I have done it....let me know if you any questions...
    Yes I do have questions.

When I get to Singapore I go to the local mobile phone shop a buy a new SIM card, what do I do from there?

Many thanks in advance
    As above, so below

Professional>VDX>Prism>T600>T650
    If you've used the unlock patch from mtdn, you should just be able to stick the SIM card in and go...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    AT&T-branded Treo 600's are unlockable. I bought one offa ebay that had been unlocked. Then, while upgrading the firmware from 2.09 to 3.05, I accidentally locked it again. I had to downgrade to a CINGULAR-based unlocking patch at 2.12, then upgrade back up to 3.04 using a half-patch.

Check out the instructions at: http://coljac.net/old_tff.html

(These instructions are the older version of the document, but they still worked when I did these upgrades. There is a newer set of instructions somewhere on the same site.)