1.    #1  
    Do power and hotsync cables for the Treo 300 plug into and work with the Treo 600? Sorry to take up a thread for a simple question, but thanks in advance for an answer.

Al
    Santa Monica
    Yes the original branded ones work fine but...

- don't use the car charger you got with your Treo 300. These are problematic and you may lose data.
    - Dont use third-party accessory cables if they are a tight fit on 600. These also are prone to causing data loss problems.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks.

Another question....is all the software compatible? That is, will I be able to plug the 600 right into the 300 cables and hotsync without installing special 600 software? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertkarel
    Thanks.

Another question....is all the software compatible? That is, will I be able to plug the 600 right into the 300 cables and hotsync without installing special 600 software? Thanks.

No, for example many hacks etc do not work on OS 5.x. However most of your apps (about 90%) according to palmsource should work fine. I'ld advise you to check if there are OS 5 versions for your apps available...most likely there will be...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by albertkarel
    Thanks.

You might have a problem with some software that's not compatible with OS 5, which is what the 600 has. When you run the setup from the 600 (CD, or download from PalmOne) it will create a folder for non-compatible software. Look it over carefully to make sure. Best advice imo is to check the versions of the software from the 300 (which runs OS 3.5xx) to make sure you have no problems. You will be rewarded with smooth sailing later.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint