1.    #1  
    why do ringtones that sound so good on my computer (midi tones) sound so crappy on my Treo 600? I just installed the Farzon analog rintone. SOUnds awesome on my desktop...but on my treo 600 it sounds worthless. Am I doing something wrong?
    Ringtones are played back using the Treo's onboard synthesizer, which is weak at best. Your PC, on the other hand, probably has a moderately decent soundcard with a decent wavetable of samples and better synthesis that can be used to play back the tones. No real way to improve the tones on the Treo, unfortunately - the synth is just pretty lame and I doubt that it is really high on Palm's list of things to improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by snortch
    why do ringtones that sound so good on my computer (midi tones) sound so crappy on my Treo 600? I just installed the Farzon analog rintone. SOUnds awesome on my desktop...but on my treo 600 it sounds worthless. Am I doing something wrong?
    then use wav/mp3 ringtones. they sound awesome with Lightwav ringtones manager with PocketTunes.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    I've tried lightwav but it makes the trei very slow. even to the point where I try to answer, call is already missed before it tries to pick up
    can anyone help me with my treo? Games and downloads, ringtones and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcooper0077
    can anyone help me with my treo? Games and downloads, ringtones and etc.
    Freewap.nl
    You have to join but, it's free and has a lot of ringtones there. There's link to others sites. You may need your stylus because all of the ringtones are in one category. There are some good ones there.
    Ibrahim B.

Kyo PDQ - Kyo 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo -650 (2) & now the Palm Pre. Will keep my BB World Phone Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    then use wav/mp3 ringtones. they sound awesome with Lightwav ringtones manager with PocketTunes.
    Oh, is lightwav fixed now?
    Quote Originally Posted by CHiNNuTS
    I've tried lightwav but it makes the trei very slow. even to the point where I try to answer, call is already missed before it tries to pick up
    I used to have the same problem. Found out that enabling the equalizer in pocket tunes caused the Treo to use more processor power to play a song when I received a phone call. Maybe this is what's going on in your situation. Worked for me.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.