1.    #1  
    No problem receiving Comcast and Erols email using pop.comcast.net and pop.erols.com.

My Treo 600 hangs and will not send email using smtp.comcast.net and smtp.erols.com even though these are the settings on my "setup paperwork" from each.

Any ideas?

dascpa
    If you are a sprint customer use this as your outgoing SMTP server:

smtp.sprintpcs.com

I had the same problem. Turns out that most ISP's block the treo mail.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. I found those posts later in the forum.

I have switched my smtp to smtp.sprintpcs.com.
    I have switched my PCS vision password.
    I have added @sprintpcs.com to my user name.
    I have checked SSL.
    I have checked off SSL.
    I have read 50 of the posts.

It still will not work.

The only item I cannot find is that someone mentioned Sprint has three passwords and that there should be an email password. I cannot find this.

I have found account password, voicemail password and PCS Vision password.

Is there a fourth one?

dascpa
    Quote Originally Posted by dascpa
    No problem receiving Comcast and Erols email using pop.comcast.net and pop.erols.com.

My Treo 600 hangs and will not send email using smtp.comcast.net and smtp.erols.com even though these are the settings on my "setup paperwork" from each.

Any ideas?

dascpa
    Hi dascpa,
    Since you are not using Comcast/Erols' networks, you can't use their SMTP protocols. What you need to find out is your cell phone carrier's SMTP protocol and enter it on your Treo. Remember, all your outbound emails from your Treo are going through your cell carrier's email server. Also, remember to put your userid and password on the outgoing (Treo states this is optional, but enter them in anywaz).

I hope this helps,
    -RC
    Well in the edit accounts screen of Treo mail:

Name Tab:

Should have all of the information that applies to your ISP account

Server Tab:

POP3 should be your ISP account
    SMTP should be smtp.sprintpcs.com

Advanced Tab:

Leave mail on server - Your option
    SSL pop3 - your ISP's option
    SSL SMTP - off
    Username: your sprintpcs username without the @sprintpcs.com
    password: your pcs password for vision

You can see what passwords are available on http://www.sprintpcs.com. After you login go to the "Personal Information" link.

Hope this helps. My mail is working and this is the only set of configurations that was needed to get everything to work. I am assuming that you can connect to the web with the Treo browser right?
    Your ISP is blocking it's smtp servers b/c your not physically logged onto its network. ISPs often do this in order to block spammers, however, it caused headaches for other users...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Even if you're positive you have the correct password, call Sprint support, get a Vision tech, have him/her change your password while you wait, and test it out at that time. I swore I knew what my password was, but it took that process for things to get ironed out...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdfairchild
    Even if you're positive you have the correct password, call Sprint support, get a Vision tech, have him/her change your password while you wait, and test it out at that time. I swore I knew what my password was, but it took that process for things to get ironed out...
    If that were true then he would not be able to get on the web right? That one username/password allows all data access - right?
    EVERYBODY YOU ARE WRONG YOU NEED TO RESET YOUR, NOW THIS IS THE KEY WORDS YOU NEED TO LET THE SPRINT PCS PERSON ON THE PHONE PLEASE CHANGE MY ***VISION EMAIL PASSWORD *** THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS VISION PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT PASSWORD OR USERNAME IF I WERE YOU I WOULD SET IT THE SAME AS YOUR VISION PASSWORD. IF YOU GET SOME DUMB A** FROM SPRINT THAT DOES NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THEN YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE THERE THAT KNOWS WHAT TO DO OR EMAIL ME [email]LESTRADA3@AUSTIN.RR.COM[

==KEYWORD== hint/email]
    Last edited by lonnielove; 10/02/2004 at 10:41 AM.
    Lonnielove is right. Your vision password, and your sprint email password are different. One other way to change your sprint email is right through the sprint web site. Good luck.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I just got off a one hour phone call with a Sprint PCS tech who actually did a great job and knew what he was doing.

First of all: If you are syncing with Outlook ensure you are running Chapura PocketMirror 3.1.6. You can get a free update at www.chapura.com.

If you are switching devices (replacement phone, etc), you must delete the PocketMirror note with your Palm device name. This occasionally corrupts the device if you sync with an old PocketMirror note.

Outgoing are same as mentioned in the previous post, except use your PCS Mail password. The PCS Mail password and Vision password are two different things. Go to www.sprintpcs.com and login to your account with your phone number and password. On the left hand side menu click My Online Tools, PCS Mail, Settings and Preferences. Enter your Vision password when prompted.

Click on Setup. Complete the form and create a new PCS Mail password. This is what you need to enter on the Palm Mail under the Advanced Tab

Incoming (POP3) Server: same as your ISP's
    Outgoing (SMTP) Server: smtp.sprintpcs.com

Under the Advanced tab:
    For outgoing mail server"
    User Name:
    your Sprint PCS Vision username (without @sprintpcs.com) i.e. yourname01
    Password: Your PCS Mail password

You can test the settings using any other mail program. The incoming server is pop.sprintpcs.com.

Even after all this, there may be occasional problems on Sprint PCS's end, but knowing this, you'll be more prepared the next time you call. In my case the rep acknowledged that there was a problem on Sprint PCS's side, as using a PC mail program with the same settings was successful.
    Last edited by askmrlee; 10/09/2004 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Added chapura url