1.    #1  
    I just played with the Pocket DVD app, works very well. Now I want to put some home movies in MPG or AVI format on the Treo. Can the Pocket DVD app convert these to the appropriate format or do I need something else?
    Last edited by experiment626; 09/02/2004 at 11:13 AM. Reason: typo
    Pocket DVD is only for DVD's, there are many programs that can convert various formats. Do a search of TC.
    I have converted a 10min clip from christmas vacation and put it on my sd card and played it via mmplayer. The problem I am having are 2 things, first, I get a warning from the treo that says that my bitrate is to fast and that I might want to record in a slower bit rate??? Is there a way to change this on pocket dvd? Second, is the peoples mouths dont neccessarily move with the sound. I have done what the instruction on TC say with using 160x(yyy) and have used the far right cropping square. If you can help me, that would be great! I'm ready to buy pocket DVD, but I want to make sure this works. Thanks

Ken
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Bitrate depends on the encoding. If it plays don't worry about the error message. Your other problem is the audio/video are out of sync. I use Pocket -Divx to fix the sync problem along with getting the video to be 160X160.
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy
    Bitrate depends on the encoding. If it plays don't worry about the error message. Your other problem is the audio/video are out of sync. I use Pocket -Divx to fix the sync problem along with getting the video to be 160X160.
    Could you share your overall method for getting DVD to the Treo please.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    First I rip the DVD with Pocket DVD. I use setting just below 320 X 320 (12 fps as anything higher just doesn't seem to play on my Treo )as I then use it on my wifes Zire 72. After the avi file is created I input that into Pocket Divx and reset the resolution to 160 X 160. When that is done I run the file through the Pocket Divx audio sync. Transfer to my SD card and play with MMPlayer.
    uh, I worked up a guide a while ago, you can check it out for some help:
    http://tek.8m.net/mmplayer_DVD_copying.htm

it's a bit dated and if I remember right I wanted to update the audio compression method, but for the most part this guide should still be very useable.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Its way ease with pocket dvd. see the article on the front page entitled dvd movies on your treo, or something like that. I have found that it actually is working very well, and super easy to do. Check it out.

Ken
  9.    #9  
    Easy for DVD movies, but what about a home made movie clip like the 10 minute one mentioned earlier in the thread. PocketDVD just does DVD's. How do you put an AVI, MPG or MOV file created on a digital camera or camcorder or elsewhere at maybe an original 640x480 resolution onto the Treo?? I would love to know how to do this simply and without fiddling everytime with settings across 3-5 different apps. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    Easy for DVD movies, but what about a home made movie clip like the 10 minute one mentioned earlier in the thread. PocketDVD just does DVD's. How do you put an AVI, MPG or MOV file created on a digital camera or camcorder or elsewhere at maybe an original 640x480 resolution onto the Treo?? I would love to know how to do this simply and without fiddling everytime with settings across 3-5 different apps. Any ideas?
    Dr. DivX is the way to go on encoding these files for the Treo.