1.    #1  
    I have searched the boards, but could fine no specific information for my problem. I have just started using Pickem, v5 beta and have attempted to use its built-in email capability with my SPCS email info. The recipient (me @ work) gets an invalid jpeg file format error when attempting to open the picture. I dont see any settings within Pickem to set the correct file type when sending.

Now, if I take the pic with Pickem, save it, and send the pic from the built in (Picture Mail) function, I get the picture just fine. Seems to me there is a problem with the way Pickem sends pic's.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks!
    CGordonn
    Both pickem and the built in picture taker are a bit buggy. I usually take pictures with pickem by clicking the center button twice and exiting the mail send function. I then use the built in picture taker to copy (not MOVE! it deletes pictures even if you cancel due to an already existing pic by that name). I then use built in pic taker to send pics.
    BTW, I have seen the pickem corrupt jpg file problem. It seems to not happen now that I follow the steps above.
    I've found that if I set the image compression too low (high number), pickem does not send the image correctly and the recipients always get a jpeg file error. This does not happen when I set the compression higher. Anyway, I no longer use Pickem that much since the latest version of snappermail lets you attach images fromt the Treo cam directly from ram and not forcing you to move pics to the card first! Also, Pickem does not allow you to send multiple pics at the same time. Now when I want to send a few pics, I just take the pics with the Pic app and then go to snappermail and attach them from and and send only. Very easy and quick imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Anyway, I no longer use Pickem that much since the latest version of snappermail lets you attach images fromt the Treo cam ... Very easy and quick imo...
    Yes, but pickem does have that blue-dot fix feature (press the S key). It's still far better when taking low light shots. I do use the regular pciture app in good lighting along with that app that lets you set the quality (I forget the name).
    Quote Originally Posted by CojonesDeToro
    Both pickem and the built in picture taker are a bit buggy. I usually take pictures with pickem by clicking the center button twice and exiting the mail send function. I then use the built in picture taker to copy (not MOVE! it deletes pictures even if you cancel due to an already existing pic by that name). I then use built in pic taker to send pics.
    I am having the same problem mentioned above except it is happening when I hotsync my pics to my computer. I have even tried to save my pics to an SD card but the files are not recognized when I try to open them on my computer.

I would like to try the steps you mentioned in your post, but how do you copy the picture. I do not see a copy function or button...
    Quote Originally Posted by shakfoo
    but how do you copy the picture. I do not see a copy function or button...
    The built-in picture apps lets you select pictures. You can then select the "move" item from the menu (press the menu button or tap the upper right corner) and it will move the pictures selected. One the places you "move" is the card. Select that and it will move the pics. The directory it puts them in is \DCIM

WARNING: If it says that a pic already exists by that name it will erase your original no matter what you do. reboot the Treo at this point if you want to save the original. Go back and rename it or don't use the move function at all. You can just copy instead.