1.    #1  
    In recent events we have all forgotten one little detail. Correct me if I'm wrong but if the Treo 650/Ace was coming out around November-ish wouldn't there already be something registered with the FCC that would say something about the hardware? Me is a n00b at FCC thing, me no know too much. So I'm probably wrong, but wouldn't there be some publicly displayed information about the device several months prior to its release?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    The FCC can keep the information held until release now. For example info on the new zire with bluetooth was not available from the FCC until the day AFTER its release. Search and will find a few previous discussions on this subject.
    companies can request that the FCC keep the information secret before launch
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    companies can request that the FCC keep the information secret before launch
    i wonder if we can file under the freedom of information act and get the info?

hmm.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Lol
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  6.    #6  
    sorry, I stand corrected...
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Sure, you could file an FOIA request. Then P1 would invoke the USA PATRIOT Act as grounds for denial of request. Advance info on cell phones could be valuable to terrorists.