Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Here's my complaint list:
    • Keyboard back-lights stay on all the time.
    Found ProfeoLC can easily be used to override that problem.

ERic
    Ok, I've looked everywhere and it's probably quite simple. Not as simple as labelling the damn thing frames per second.

What adjusts this in the Dr. DivX Profile Editor?!?!?

Also, as I understand it, Dr. DivX will not grab files directly from a DVD. This does not seem to be worth $50.
  3. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    i loaded the apps suggested in the article...now my unit disconnects on every call. I had to do a complete hard reset...still seems to happen... conincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Should be no problem, I watch during breaks and lunch times.
    I watch movies, lasting one and a half hour and my battery is still 75%
  5. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    OK, I am stumped. I bought both Pocket DVD. But I cannot get it to reflect an option for 160x160; not even 160x120. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I was able to successfully load a *.avi onto my Treo. But, how do I find it on my SD card to delete it. When I go to "Delete" view the card does not show any files.

Thanks for helping...obviously not much experience with SD cards...
    Last edited by ajg; 09/20/2004 at 09:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg
    OK, I am stumped. I bought both Pocket DVD. But I cannot get it to reflect an option for 160x160; not even 160x120. What am I doing wrong?
    I believe that when you pick the 160xN, it automatically scales N based on the aspect ratio of the movie you're converting.

Also, I was able to successfully load a *.avi onto my Treo. But, how do I find it on my SD card to delete it. When I go to "Delete" view the card does not show any files.
    Use FileZ it's free & easy.

ERic
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    When running Pocket DVD Studio on Win98, if I attempt to pull up the Setting->Advanced Output Setting menu it crashes because of an "Illegal Operation".

Anyone else have this problem, or can others get the Advanced Output Settings?

ERic
    There isn't a preset; you'll have to choose one of the other PDAs to start. (I used a Tungsten). Then, you'll see the "output dimension" listed- click the Change button, and there are sliders in there You'll want to maintain aspect ratio- TV shows will be 160x120.
    Another simple option is to use Kimona producer / player. Around $30. I've found it pretty good, no hassles.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveFehr
    There isn't a preset; you'll have to choose one of the other PDAs to start. (I used a Tungsten). Then, you'll see the "output dimension" listed- click the Change button, and there are sliders in there You'll want to maintain aspect ratio- TV shows will be 160x120.
    Make the Movie 272 x 160 and scale down with MMPlayer, or PocketDivXEncoder, or some freeware software.
    I wanted to bump this up for the 650 people.

I understand the options are:
    1. Use Kimona (not quite working on 650) - Costs $$

2. Use mmplayer - however, you need to encode the movie first - you can use either:
    a. PocketDivEncoder - COsts $$$? and Virtual Dub
    b. Pocket DVD - Costs $$$
    c. Some other free option that you use to rip the cd to avi, then use virtual dub to break down to size.

Anyone care to share what they have done... I only did this a little bit on my Treo 600 but it took forever to encode and the quality was bad. Now that I have a 650, I need to consider if this is now a viable option. (Especially for converting TV shows from my PC , right now using Sage TV and Hauppauge 250, but would consider switching to Beyond TV) if that is easier.
    I'm trying to figure out if I can make this work with my system. My laptop doesn't have a DVD player. Can I download a movie from the internet and transfer it to my Treo 600? If so, how do I do it? I'm definitely a neophyte, so I'm looking for all the help and tips I can get.

Thanks,
    Susan
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    I wanted to bump this up for the 650 people.

I understand the options are:
    1. Use Kimona (not quite working on 650) - Costs $$

2. Use mmplayer - however, you need to encode the movie first - you can use either:
    a. PocketDivEncoder - COsts $$$? and Virtual Dub
    b. Pocket DVD - Costs $$$
    c. Some other free option that you use to rip the cd to avi, then use virtual dub to break down to size.

Anyone care to share what they have done... I only did this a little bit on my Treo 600 but it took forever to encode and the quality was bad. Now that I have a 650, I need to consider if this is now a viable option. (Especially for converting TV shows from my PC , right now using Sage TV and Hauppauge 250, but would consider switching to Beyond TV) if that is easier.
    Fyi, there is now an updated (and not yet publically released version of Kinoma Producer 3 now:

http://www.kinoma.com/k3/download.html?rel=11

However, you cannot use the mpeg feature in the trial...

Also, when using Kinoma producer 2, try encoding use the Tungsten E setting etc. It probably doesn't know yet that the 650 exists!

Also, here are some uesful links:

PocketDV Encoder is free afaikafaikafaik:

http://divx.ppccool.com/langue.php?lang=EN

It will let you encode any vid to mobile format. You will need mmplayer etc to play it.

http://mmplayer.com/

There is also another encoder called Dr. Divx that does cost money. It's kinda pricey, but seems to do what it says and may be easier for newbies:

http://www.divx.com/divx/drdivx/

To rip DVD's directly to your Palm, you need PocketDVD:

http://www.pqdvd.com/watch_dvd_on_palm.html

Then there is also Smartmovie:

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile...martmovie.html

However I have read mixed reviews regarding this software...

Finally, for those of you who want a bit more features, there is always VirtualDub:

http://www.virtualdub.org/

It's the not easiest to use for newbies, but very powerful. Fortunately, there is an interface called Jobmaker that helps making VirtualDub easier to use:

http://www.mmplayerjobmaker.tk/

Finally, the 650 apparently has a builtin 3GPP support. I recall readins somewhere that there was a quicktime player for palmos that supported 3GPP?
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/29/2004 at 07:12 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    kinoma 3 knows the 650 exist.

but, you can't convert a dvd using it. you need to decypt the dvd first? right?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I want a player that doesn't use device ID for registration. Unfortunately, most of these programs don't warn you before you pay for the registration. It is a big deal to me because I have registered a lot of 3rd party software and have replaced my Treo 2 times in 4 months.

Anyone here know if Kinoma uses the device ID?
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Why isn't anyone trying Kinoma? That has been a good player for me for pretty much any system I have had
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ
    Why isn't anyone trying Kinoma? That has been a good player for me for pretty much any system I have had
    af far as i know, you already have to take the step to decrypt the dvd into a format that kinoma can convert.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yep. Also, I find that once formatted for Kinoma, my movie files tend to be 2x larger than the ones I set up for MM Player.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12