Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    For those using Kinoma (in sync and sharper than mmplayer) you can convert DDV's easily with HandBrake (freeware)
    Fo rsome reason, everytime I try to encode a movie with D-Vision. It stops at 33% and won't encode the whole movie. Can any one help
    I have tried this according to the instructions in this thread, and I am wondering how most of you are putting the avi on your sd cards? By sync or card reader ? Mind you, I am a newbie at this, so be gentle..lol
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    I use a card reader - USB 2.0 makes a 80 MB file transfer much faster...
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_lady
    I have tried this according to the instructions in this thread, and I am wondering how most of you are putting the avi on your sd cards? By sync or card reader ? Mind you, I am a newbie at this, so be gentle..lol
    Agree with the above post, card reader is the way to go. Hotsync would be a long and painful process for video of any serious length
    D-Vision does convert directly, which is nice.
    New version of D-Vision just came out too:
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/16486
    Mac Lady have you been successful with this process yet.. Because I am still trying to figure it out.
    hello Geogre, Can you help with some settings
    So to summarize process:

1) Copy DVD with Mactheripper (just hit Go).

2) Convert to AVI with D-Vision (or other program) - I use setting of 160 screen size, 100-200 rate for video and 32 for audio (mono).

3) Transfer to SD Card (movies are about 120 mb).

4) Install MMPlayer on your Treo.

5) Create Playlist and watch movie (ignore bit rate warnings and note that it may take a minute or two for video to come up).
    Guys, use HandBrake for the Mac, that will eliminate the need for D-Vision. You can rip and encode to native .avi files all in one process.

Handbrake: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21117
    I'm trying handbrke right now and wanted to know what settings ppl are using for the conversion to AVI with use of mmplayer on a T600. I am new to handbrake but have been using mac the ripper and d-vision. Would love to use an all in one program.
    thanks,
    JPza
    anyone willing to email me a movie, so I can check out the finished project before going through this all? mabene@earthlink.net
    Quote Originally Posted by gcs
    Hi,

My D-Vision settings are as follows:
    Video:
    Codec: Xvid
    Pass: 1-Pass
    Q/S: Best/Slow
    DVD: NTSC
    Videobitrate: 100
    Dimensions: 160X120 (for a 4:3 movie, I use 160X96 for a 16:9 movie)
    Keyframe interval: 25
    frames/sec: 14.96
    Audio:
    Codec: MP3
    Audio bitrate: 32
    Audio track 1
    MP3 bitrate: constant
    Channels: Mono (to save space!)
    Audio gain: 2 (varies, I've tried a bunch of diff settings)

That's it! I've been quite happy with MMPlayer, use it using the elliptical machine at the gym, on the T (aka subway), very cool!
    Hope this helps,
    George
    Would the only change to these settings on a 650 be to the Dimensions? I'm guessing 320x240 for a 4:3 movie? And for a 16:9?

I have the trial of MMPlayer and what I've tried is very choppy :/ Is Kinoma better?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gcs
    Hi,

My D-Vision settings are as follows:
    Video:
    Codec: Xvid
    Pass: 1-Pass
    Q/S: Best/Slow
    DVD: NTSC
    Videobitrate: 100
    Dimensions: 160X120 (for a 4:3 movie, I use 160X96 for a 16:9 movie)
    Keyframe interval: 25
    frames/sec: 14.96
    Audio:
    Codec: MP3
    Audio bitrate: 32
    Audio track 1
    MP3 bitrate: constant
    Channels: Mono (to save space!)
    Audio gain: 2 (varies, I've tried a bunch of diff settings)

That's it! I've been quite happy with MMPlayer, use it using the elliptical machine at the gym, on the T (aka subway), very cool!
    Hope this helps,
    George

nevermind, figured it out! what's the difference between keyframe interval and frames per sec? Frames per sec I believe is the only option on the new version, correct?
    Last edited by ero2; 03/21/2005 at 06:01 PM.
    Frames per second is the number of images displayed per second. Filom is 24fps, video is 30fps. 15fps looks fine on treo (smaller files)

Keyframe - To save space many compression schemes use an image and only record the differences of the next frame(s). The higher the keyframe number potentially better compression but may be more difficult to update. (i.e. if you shuttle to different part it will take a moment for the final picture to appear)
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    okay so I got it encoded and downloaded to my card, and it plays, but it is all blocky and choppy, it says I used too high of a bit rate but I used 100 like it says to. what am I doing wrong, the only thing I couln't find is the keyframe thing?
    Keep the keyframes to a low number if you can.
    what dimensions do you use for 2.35:1 movies. i am trying to keep it less than 256. I did one at the 16:9 setting and it looked okay . i was just wondering if there was a better one for the 2.35:1.

Thanks
    Dave
    Ok, Using FFmegx or D-vision. What are you all using as the settings for the 650? Thanks
    Anyone?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast