Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello. I just got (8/31/04) a replacement Treo 600 from T-Mobile because of a screen pixel problem. There is a new app on it that I am trying to find out about so that I know whether I want to delete it or not. It is called "Treo Battery v3.0" and it indicates it is from Handspring. It seems to be a battery conditioner or something, but I can't seem to find any information on how to use it. I have searched the Palm site, Deja.com, MyTreo.net forums and the these (Treocentral) forums with no luck. Anyone have any info to offer me? Thanks.
    PalmOne has always had a set of diagnostic tools that they use to test refurbished and new unit's before they get sent to the customer. (I once had a set of Treo 90 diagnostic tool software). Rarely, these tools do not get deleted (ie somebody forgets to preform the needed hard reset) before the device is returned to the customer.

While I do not have first hand knowledge of this specific application, it is my assumption that it is safe to delete it. However, I doubt it will cause any problems for you if you choose to leave it on the device.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Hey, don't delete until you post it here first! I'ld love to get my hands on a free utility if possible!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Well it wasnt beam protected, so i have attached it. Let me know if you find out exactly what it is and how it works. i would be interested.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk2095
    Well it wasnt beam protected, so i have attached it. Let me know if you find out exactly what it is and how it works. i would be interested.
    HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

This is awesome! There's an option if you go to menu > alert levels to set and change the default system alerts for the battery!! For example the default setting are:

Low battery warning: 18%
    Critical battery warning: 8%
    Shutdown Reserve Charge: 162 mAh

With this app you can actually change these settings!! That's pretty cool b/c afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $other$ $app$ $available$ $that$ $actually$ $lets$ $you$ $configure$ $when$ $you$ $get$ $a$ $low$ $battery$ $warning$ $or$ $the$ $critical$ $battery$ $warning$! Thanks for sharing!!!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Also, does anyone know what REM sleep mode is? I mean I know what it is in human physiology, but what does it mean for a Treo battey?

The sleep mode options let you turn it off/on and also lets you configure the number times to poll the battery when off...

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That's pretty cool b/c afaikafaikafaik $there$ $is$ $no$ $other$ $app$ $available$ $that$ $actually$ $lets$ $you$ $configure$ $when$ $you$ $get$ $a$ $low$ $battery$ $warning$ $or$ $the$ $critical$ $battery$ $warning$!

Just to correct myself, I just realized that Profeo SystemAlarms already does allow you to set battery alarms.

http://mytreo.net/mytreo/modules.php...s_v0.7.6&cid=3

Still anyone know what REM is?

Also, does anyone know what REM sleep mode is? I mean I know what it is in human physiology, but what does it mean for a Treo battey?
    I don't know, but maybe it has something to do with it turning on at 3:30 am everynight!
    Here's an explanation from Mol over at MTDN:

REM mode is the power mode that is in between power on and power off, to allow applications like PocketTunes to continue running.

The sleep mode options let you turn it off/on and also lets you configure the number times to poll the battery when off...
    Rem - screen off, processor on
    Your treo is dreaming
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    REM must be the mode when my treo does not respond to any of my commands.
    Now that is a kewl app Wonder if any other diagnostic apps like this have got leaked for the 600
    Goldfish

The guy who does everything sdrawkcab!!!
    GFunk, Does this put a load on the battery when the app is open? I can watch my voltage drop .01 every5 seconds. How about yours? does it go from 58.97% to 58.96 in 5seconds, then from 58.96% to 58.95% five more seconds later and so on?
    Is there supose to be another app too? I never see any info by the Temp: Charge: and current:, even while charging.
    ANy ideas where to get the 411 on this app?
    THX, matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Does this put a load on the battery when the app is open? I can watch my voltage drop .01 every5 seconds. How about yours?
    THX, matt
    i know you werent asking me, but mine does the same thing. seems like its going down fast, but if you do the math it would take a long time for it go all the way down. but it is kinda cool to see that detailed of a battery meter.

i'm still wondering what the Sleep Mode Control actions do. I went ahead and checked both boxes to see if i can figure out what its doing and i havent yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by chucka
    i know you werent asking me, but mine does the same thing. seems like its going down fast, but if you do the math it would take a long time for it go all the way down. but it is kinda cool to see that detailed of a battery meter.

i'm still wondering what the Sleep Mode Control actions do. I went ahead and checked both boxes to see if i can figure out what its doing and i havent yet.
    Thanks, BGW, your more daring then I
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    So, I take it from the comments here that at least some data in the left column is supposed to display. I've been having a few problems with my battery and stumbled across this app. When I run it, I get basically no information, although the testing tools in the right column do work and I get the battery percentage indicator in the upper righthand corner of the screen. (See attached image.) I assume there's supposed to be more information displayed - any ideas what the lack thereof might mean?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have the same exact display and functions as yours and my battery works just fine. I just think this program does not show this information unless there is something else attached to the Treo ??
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Okay. I guess I'll quit obsessing until the next time the battery does weird things.
    will this work with my "old school" Treo 300
    I never get the info on the left to come up, nor the graph to work, however, in the Treo650 pic, you can see it working. are them some hidden commands, is there another part of the app we are missing? anyomne know?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast