1.    #1  
    Wow ... this is bizarre. When I got in the car to drive home from work my Treo was fine with about 85% battery left. As I was half way home I picked it up to make a call and it was dead. I tried a pin reset but nothing, no life in it at all. When I got home I plugged it into the charger cable and it blinked and came to life at the calibration screen - - it hard reset itself. The battery showed about 84% at that point.

Bizarre. I have NO idea what caused this to happen. I have not had any problems that I am aware of. I do have a number of utilities running such as TreoButler, CallShield and TreoGuard. Thank goodness for BackupMan!

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Mine did the same at about the same level of charge when it was seven days old in July. It has worked fine ever since without problem. I had made one call. I have no idea what happened. My guess would be a battery issue of some type.
    Mine does this too..Goes from 100% to talking to someone to dying in mid of a 2 minute conversation. Goes to 40%. I plug it in and it goes back to 100% if it is not locked up.
    MAS300z