1.    #1  
    Is there a program out there other than the excellent call filter.

All I want is the treo to announce the caller number and for it to be louder of that call filter.......

Any one with any input would be appreciated.......

Much thanks

Shalom and Sechad boshad
    Loudness is not a thing that Call Filter has control over. It's within the file makeup itself and there are utilities that are available to increase the volume. A note though, if it is tooooo loud, you take a chance of blowing the speaker. Call Filter handles mp3 & wav. Call Shield handles mp3. I have both and recently switched to Call Filter. Ben
  3.    #3  
    What other program or files are need to get the treo to anounce calls with out the program call filter.....

Im looking for an anouncer that's it. Can any one help me on this.......
    Not that this is a recommendation of a program, but I recorded audio wavs announcing my friends calling. Then I have call filter play those. It's something to think about for all those add ons that can play a custom wav file.

BTW. I use http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html to create my wavs.
  5.    #5  
    bump
    I use PAR Pro from ToySoft to create the wav files - I wish it did mp3 files also. Anyway, I used Call Shield before Call Filter and really did not get in to the call announcement thing because it only support(s/ed) mp3 files, whereas Call Filter uses both mp3 and WAV files. Ben
  7.    #7  
    Ok that's for individual in my contacts kewl.....

Now for the tricky part, how do I get the read out of caller id (even those not in contact) be anounced by voice.

Basicly when I drive I don't want to look at screen and then answer. I'd rather listen to the number and then decide to answer it or.........

Lastly if I do record each number seperatly is there a way to play it back in sync to the caller id.......

??????
    Thanks
    Rabbi
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi-emu
    Ok that's for individual in my contacts kewl.....

Now for the tricky part, how do I get the read out of caller id (even those not in contact) be anounced by voice.

Basicly when I drive I don't want to look at screen and then answer. I'd rather listen to the number and then decide to answer it or.........

Lastly if I do record each number seperatly is there a way to play it back in sync to the caller id.......

??????
    Thanks
    Rabbi
    Callfilter does the very thing that you are looking for. If you set the defalt ringer in callfilter to "announce number" and do not set or create any rules, then every number that calls you will be announced. As far as volume is concened, call filter uses the system settings to set the volume of the ringer.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Yeah, it's my understanding that the callfilter people are working on a volume boost in future versions similar to the ptunes volume boost. I think your best bet is just to stick with callfilter. I understand that it is expensive, but it's the best way you're going to be able to do this short of coding the program yourself.

Shalom
  10.    #10  
    Weird though, Crappy LG phones have for free. Now if only we can emulate the nokia built in voice recognition .......

Or let me guess someone is working on it.....

Shalom
    did you all came across a problem using callfilter where the t600 stopped getting calls? I did and when I read the text on it said t600 has a bug that would at times would prevent the phone from ringing... had to delet my callfilter...
    worked my phone probelm with vware the maker of call filter now my phone works great with freespeak. yes ....yes... yes