Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks dlbrummels! I'm giving it a try today. If it works, my next ambition will be to get a refund from PocketDVD (...not likely!)
    Your welcome lulugirl896.

PocketDVD was a turn-key solution, till we found PocketDivX. Please feel free to support the author.

That is what is great about the forums, hopefully you can get help and ideas before you shell out cash for prc's that aren't quite what you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Divx encoded avi files.
    dlbrummels,
    On checking the website, a few things weren't clear to me about Divx-
    1. Can you use it to encode DVDs or just "video files"
    2. Can you watch encoded movies using MMPlayer?

Thanks!
    Yes you can encode un-protected dvds, just go into the video directory of the dvd.

If it is protected, get DVD Decrypter, it's free, if writing to DVD get DVD Shrink.

Yes, I use MMPlayer to watch all my DivX encoded movies. Specially ATHF !
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    dlbrummels,
    On checking the website, a few things weren't clear to me about Divx-
    1. Can you use it to encode DVDs or just "video files"
    2. Can you watch encoded movies using MMPlayer?

Thanks!
    1. i had the same question, but it looks like you need to convert the dvd into some other format first.
    2. the site does mention the they play om mmplayer.
    3. i dont have the same sound issue with pocketdvd for ppc.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    1. i had the same question, but it looks like you need to convert the dvd into some other format first.
    2. the site does mention the they play om mmplayer.
    3. i dont have the same sound issue with pocketdvd for ppc.
    You can use PocketDivX on DVD's just selected the file in the Video drawer of the DVD.

MMPlayer will play the avi file.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    This is just about the coolest post ever. I ripped and encoded my first PocketDivx and it's really easy. The only trouble I'm having is with the audio being out of sync. I am also getting a lot of warning about the video being encoded at too high of a bit rate so the device is unable to decode it in real-time. This is probably what's causing the audio sync problem.

When you guys encode a VOB file to divx, what quality setting are you using? I think 6 is the default, which is what I have tried so far. Is that too high? The video is set to 160x120, mono sound @ 22000.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Can someone (probably you, dlbrummels) post their exact settings and the version of both apps ? I can almost get PocketDivxEncoder to work but MMplayer stops in the middle of playback and starts over.
    Last edited by adz1966; 11/18/2004 at 03:49 PM.
    I want to get a feel of what its like without going through everything. Can anyone post a 30 second - 1 minute clip that I can add to my T600 (soon to be 650)

Thanks
    PocketDVD + MMPlayer.... looks good, however when I turn volume to MAX on MMPlayer, it is still very low volume (without headphones). Setting on PocketDVD: 160 X N; Volume at middle. Is there anything else I should try?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyder81
    This is just about the coolest post ever. I ripped and encoded my first PocketDivx and it's really easy. The only trouble I'm having is with the audio being out of sync. I am also getting a lot of warning about the video being encoded at too high of a bit rate so the device is unable to decode it in real-time. This is probably what's causing the audio sync problem.

When you guys encode a VOB file to divx, what quality setting are you using? I think 6 is the default, which is what I have tried so far. Is that too high? The video is set to 160x120, mono sound @ 22000.
    For some reason, when I try to use PocketDivxEncoder it keeps shutting down. My settings are ready, folders selected. Any ideas?
    Does anyone know a good software to change the resolution of a Video (Avi or Mpeg) to 320x320 for the new Treo 650's?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    PocketDVD + MMPlayer.... looks good, however when I turn volume to MAX on MMPlayer, it is still very low volume (without headphones). Setting on PocketDVD: 160 X N; Volume at middle. Is there anything else I should try?
    Anybody know the answer to sharky's Q? I'd like to know as well.
    To sync audio "on the fly" in MMplayer:

1. press the red phone button on your treo. You will see "AV" or "AV sync" I can't remember.

2. Push up/down on the 4 way button until the audio matches with the video.

3. enjoy
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123