View Poll Results: Are you waiting for T-Mobile?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 39.13%
  • No

14 60.87%
  1.    #1  
    Now that WeeBit posted T-Mobile's incredible Unlimited Phone Internet + HotSpots for $19.99/mth, I want to see how many people are going to wait for T-Mobile to carry it instead of getting it from Sprint?

BTW, anyone has rumor on when T-Mobile may carry it?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I will go with whatever GSM carrier gets this first.
    I love T-Mobile. I won't necessarily wait to purchase the Treo "650" from them, but I won't leave the company.

TheHandlessKing
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    If they back out of the $19.99 combined plan that might just make me mad enough to jump to another GSM carrier especially if they get the 650 before T-Mobile.

I expect T-Mobile to carry the 650 sooner than they did the 600 because I believe they think that they missed the boat by not carrying the 600 in their retail stores.
    If they are not the first GSM company to release it, I will buy an unlocked GSM model and stay with T-Mobile.
    I don't really see why it matters so much as wi-fi doesn't work as far as we know anyway. Sure it's great if you have a laptop with wi-fi, but then you start getting to things that slightly off topic. If they launch the 650 with a working wi-fi card, you are looking at something enticing.
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    If they are not the first GSM company to release it, I will buy an unlocked GSM model and stay with T-Mobile.
    Ditto
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I don't really see why it matters so much as wi-fi doesn't work as far as we know anyway. Sure it's great if you have a laptop with wi-fi, but then you start getting to things that slightly off topic. If they launch the 650 with a working wi-fi card, you are looking at something enticing.
    I would imagine a lot of people who will get a Treo 650 also has a laptop (like me). I just think it's such a great deal.

I am currently with T-Mobile, and I would love to stay with them. The temptation of Sprint's earlier offering will probably too great for me to stay with T-Mobile though.

O' Rumor Mill... where are you? Wish someone can spread some rumors on availability for T-Mobile.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    my decision would be based on which company is going to fast implement EDGE nation wide...would n't hesitate to jump ship if ATT does it.
    i cant leave for another 11 months, so here is hoping an unlocked gsm model is released (hopefully the first to be released).

if not, I could always get the lowest data voice plan (with no frills) and jump to another carrier. nah, too much work.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yeah. What he said.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    T-mobile probably has the greatest data plans out there. However, they were to slow to carry the Treo 600, so I went to cingular. I'll see next year what T-mobile has in shop. In the meantine, they lost my business for a year
    Quote Originally Posted by zehubert
    T-mobile probably has the greatest data plans out there. However, they were to slow to carry the Treo 600, so I went to cingular. I'll see next year what T-mobile has in shop. In the meantine, they lost my business for a year
    if you cant get the media works package from cingular, they have the best package.

they include a bunch of sms messages in this $20 unlimited plan.

sprint data is $15 for unlimited.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Given that the T270 was 5 months behind the T300, and the 600 was also 4 months behind the Sprint model we could believe that the 650 will be next spring as well. However one csr I talked to last week at Tmobile said they did not have plans to carry the 650. Since I talked to 5 different csr's in the wireless data group last week, only one saying they weren't going to carry it may be ignorance on their part.

Nontheless, I will buy it as soon as I can get it, but I don't expect it until next spring. I did get the 19.99 Internet and HS plan, even though I cannot use it.

Derek