1.    #1  
    I am making a call to all the qualified users of the Treo 600 in Canada to figure out where I should go to get the Treo 600. I have narrowed it down to the Treo 600 and now that 2 carriers have it in Canada I am confused as to which network is best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently with TelUs so any switch will require me to change phone numbers unfortunately.

Want to make sure I go on the best network possible.

Thanks for the help!
    I am on Rogers and seems ok to me though they were not too honest about how many Treos they had in stock. I ended up buying from a Rogers affilliated store in Vancouver area.

Windy
    Rogers is really spoty on the east coast. They really lack in towers. I have no reception in my house and I can predict about 5 different spot on my way to downtown Montreal where I will loose a call... I hear however that it is much better out west.

Bell is superb reception out east but they have the worst customer support and I hate they corporate practices and questionnable gouvernance practices, notably the fact that Monty is not in prison for making all his friends millionaire on the back of shareholeders.

The choice is yours.

Rogers does offer wirelss desktop for free but I think Bell also ...
    worst customer service ever: BELL. i used to work in the same building as the bell CSR employees and i know what kinda thugs work there. i also had an awful experience with them from a business-use cell phone. just awful.

since you're in toronto, you'll have good reception in the toronto area. remember bell has no GSM. only rogers and fido does. ultimately, you might find your choice is made up by the price plans. compare and shop and decide.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I'm in Ottawa and use Rogers. Now that I have a Quad band phone (Treo 600) I haven't run into any real tower problems. Plus you get a V.I.P. discount on your Rogers bill if you're getting the movie network and all the other crap.
    I always assume Customer Service will be little help anywhere so I would just go with best price plan based on your expected voice and data usage. Although, if you plan on using on other networks you are better off with GSM (Rogers or Fido). I'm not sure if you can roam on CDMA networks (e.g., can you take the Bell Treo and use it on Sprint?).

With my GSM Treo on Rogers I can use on any other GSM network either by roaming or by getting a SIM card for that network (it is unlocked as I did not buy it from Rogers). I find Rogers works fine in most places (I have used it all over Canada). The fact that Rogers seems to be adding more and more 850MHz capacity seems to be helping. This does not mean you will get the same results. Best to get a money back guarantee and then test out the phone in the places you will use it most often.
    Last edited by Kanuck; 09/01/2004 at 09:40 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks a lot for the help everyone. I was wondering which was better CDMA or GSM. It appears GSM is much better.

I am looking of getting these for our whole sales force so Rogers seems to have the edge re: business plans and such.

Hope to get things going and get the Treo by next week. most likely rogers.

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by im4it
    Thanks a lot for the help everyone. I was wondering which was better CDMA or GSM. It appears GSM is much better.

I am looking of getting these for our whole sales force so Rogers seems to have the edge re: business plans and such.

Hope to get things going and get the Treo by next week. most likely rogers.

Cheers!
    Had my unlocked Treo600 since Dec and works great with Rogers. I had problems while going to Edmonton. Stupid rogers wont let me dail local numbers. it works sometimes and not others. Havent had any problems locally yet. I think all wireless in Canada have the worst data plan. $25 for 1 meg. it is a rip off.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Rogers service sucks (and thier pricing is not stellar either)! I have no experience with Bell.

But..in my opinion GSM is the better technology which is why I am with them (Rogers). GSM - more compatibility overseas - longer batterly life - easier to switch networks with same phone.

My two cents.
    I am currently with Rogers......hate their prices..

bell has better coverage, the best out of all the companies in canada.

cdma vs gsm...I hear that the X1 network for data is much faster than the GSM,

I find bell has great customer service,,...over the phone.....I can never find a knowledgable person in a store....Rogers...or Bell?
    It's Simple really..........
    ...............Forgive
    I have no issues with my Rogers Treo 600, other than my monthly phone bill! I love their customer service, they're either very friendly and knowledgable, or friendly and will find someone who knows the answer. Although like Windy they kept on telling me out of stock until I finally gave up and went to a local dealer to pick one up, only to find that they could charge the pre-hardware upgrade to my phone bill... I would've got one muuuuch earlier! Oh well, I love Rogers, I love my Treo.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for the extra info. Now I see on here that there might be a new Treo Ace coming out in October. Decisions, decisions...wait or buy right now. Don't think that the big guys here will jump on this quickly.

More thinking to be done!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Cusson
    I'm in Ottawa and use Rogers. Now that I have a Quad band phone (Treo 600) I haven't run into any real tower problems. Plus you get a V.I.P. discount on your Rogers bill if you're getting the movie network and all the other crap.
    you don't need movie network to get VIP discount from rogers. i asked a rogers CSR what i needed to get VIP discounts and she said as long as i had cable channels from 1 to 65, i have VIP. i have digital cable with BBC world as an additional digital channel and that's it. i get vip discounts
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...