1.    #1  
    I have a Sony Vaio notebook model PCG-V505 ECP WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL.
    WHEN I try to perform a hotsync windows send the mesage "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ".
    I have checked all the connection between TREO 600 and the computer.
    I have close all extra background applications.
    I have installed the last BIOS update for my VAIO notebook model PCG-V505ECP (model is pretty new).
    I have made a soft reset on treo 600.
    I have installed and run the USB Registry Utility.
    I have installed the last Palm Desktop software.
    The problem still the same when I try to perform a HOTSYNC windows does not recognizes the device.
    I have also tried to install to manually install the driver (inside the file usb_win_xp.zip palw2k.inf). When I try to install this driver Windows give to me the following message “The specified location does not contain information about you hardware”. I am sure the location is correct.
    Also I have tried manually to install the driver in c:\program files\handspring\USB_Driver”. Again windows give me the message “The specified location does not contain information about you hardware”.

What should I do now?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I have a Dell Inspiron 700m - same scenario EXACTLY. no answer yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by PauloLitsek
    I have a Sony Vaio notebook model PCG-V505 ECP WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL.
    WHEN I try to perform a hotsync windows send the mesage "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED ".
    I have checked all the connection between TREO 600 and the computer.
    I have close all extra background applications.
    I have installed the last BIOS update for my VAIO notebook model PCG-V505ECP (model is pretty new).
    I have made a soft reset on treo 600.
    I have installed and run the USB Registry Utility.
    I have installed the last Palm Desktop software.
    The problem still the same when I try to perform a HOTSYNC windows does not recognizes the device.
    I have also tried to install to manually install the driver (inside the file usb_win_xp.zip palw2k.inf). When I try to install this driver Windows give to me the following message “The specified location does not contain information about you hardware”. I am sure the location is correct.
    Also I have tried manually to install the driver in c:\program files\handspring\USB_Driver”. Again windows give me the message “The specified location does not contain information about you hardware”.
    What should I do now?
    I would call your treo tech support with the expectation you will need to go to tier 2 or higher. You have a tough problem.

Does your laptop talk to other USB devices?
    Does you Treo talk to other computers (you may have a sick Treo)?

Ddeger
  4.    #4  
    Thanks.
    Yes my notebook talk to other USB devices.
    I have already tried with treo tech support. They did not solve the problem.