1.    #1  
    I installed PDANet on my desktop and Treo 600. It works great. Now I want to use it with my notebook that I do not HotSync with. The PDANet installation program apparently wants to install both the PC driver and the Palm OS program.

Is there a way to just install the PC driver? I wish June Fabrics separated the installation package into 2. After all, they allow one to use PDANet on 1 handheld but with multiple PCs.

Help! I'd rather not have to install my Palm Desktop & HotSync on my notebook.
    Unfortunately, you need to install the hotsync manager in order to use PDANet. The only other alternative is to try to use the tethered mode to connect your Treo to a pc. Search the forums for more info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter
    I installed PDANet on my desktop and Treo 600. It works great. Now I want to use it with my notebook that I do not HotSync with. The PDANet installation program apparently wants to install both the PC driver and the Palm OS program.

Is there a way to just install the PC driver? I wish June Fabrics separated the installation package into 2. After all, they allow one to use PDANet on 1 handheld but with multiple PCs.

Help! I'd rather not have to install my Palm Desktop & HotSync on my notebook.
    I asked the same question of pdaNet support. Here was their reply:

The install requires you to install HotSync manager on your laptop before
    you can install PdaNet to it. However you do NOT have to HotSync on
    the laptop at all if you already have the Treo part of PdaNet on your
    Treo. Here is what you need on your laptop:
    1. Install HotSync Manager, when prompted to HotSync, select HotSync
    later and let the installation finish.
    2. Right click on the Tray icon and Exit HotSync Manager. Also remove
    it from your startup menu.
    3. Connect the USB cable to your Treo and start HotSync, since HotSync
    manager is not running on your laptop, HotSync will fail, but the Palm driver
    will get installed.
    4. Now install PdaNet and you are good to go. Do not HotSync when prompted
    during the installation process.

Thanks,
    PdaNet Support
    Heh, hell of a response.

Really is no reason for hotsync to be required, So I don't know why they persist in forcing users to have it. Really makes things tough when your trying to get a laptop on the net without hotsync installed.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous