1.    #1  
    Just when you thought it was all good -- Got this in the e-mail today:

Ericsson yesterday said it will stop the design and development of new Bluetooth technology. The company plans to support existing Bluetooth customers, including Koninklijke, Philips, and STMicroelectronics, but it will not seek new Bluetooth business. Ericsson said it is disbanding Ericsson Technology Licensing, its Bluetooth research and development unit. The company said it is abandoning Bluetooth due to a lack of sufficient long-term market prospects. Ericsson was one of the founders of Bluetooth and was a leading wireless industry evangelist for the technology.

The news has sent anti-Bluetooth partisans into a fit of self-righteousness. Many industry insiders have long dismissed Bluetooth. Despite a recent uptake in the use of Bluetooth in smart phones and other handhelds, critics claim that Bluetooth's future was ruined by the growth of WiFi and the emergence of new technologies like Ultrawideband. There is no word yet how this news will impact the Bluetooth SIG.

For more on the Ericsson's decision to leave Bluetooth behind:
    - read this report from InfoWorld -

http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/...oothend_1.html

What do y'all think this means for Treo650 Bluetooth?? I'm not yet using it, but am curious if this means anything for us...

Jeff
    The article makes it seem as if Ericsson is moving away from Bluetooth because there is too much competition from other manufacturors. So, that is GOOD news for Bluetooth, and people getting Bluetooth products like Ace.
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesdcollins
    The article makes it seem as if Ericsson is moving away from Bluetooth because there is too much competition from other manufacturors. So, that is GOOD news for Bluetooth, and people getting Bluetooth products like Ace.
    This assumes they can get BT to work properly in the Treo 650.

Sprint has yet to release and support a phone that does BT (SE T608 doesn't count...that phone is so buggy it should be called "Orkin")

I'm curious if they will put 1.1 or 1.2 in Treo...
    I hope it's not too late for Palm to at least make sure that it supports at least 3 different manufacturers of wi-fi cards upon release of the Treo Ace.