Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry if it's been posted, but I haven't been able to find an answer for this. It's great the camera will be 1.3 megapixels, have a mirror, zoom, and video capture, but I wonder about a flash. I'd hate to have a potentially nice camera be ruined by the inability to take pics in low light situations.
    From the pics that have been posted, it does not appear that there is a flash on the 650
  3.    #3  
    There appears to be a small horizontal blue bar in the mirror. I was hoping maybe that's a flash.
    I see what you are looking at. Does not look like a flash to me but who knows. The sprint spec slide did not say camera w/flash though
  5.    #5  
    I haven't paid much attention but do Sprint's other camera phones with flash all mention the flash in the overview?
    Not sure about a slide presentation like the one that was leaked, but the cards in the store do. At least on the one that I got for my daughter this week it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
    There appears to be a small horizontal blue bar in the mirror. I was hoping maybe that's a flash.
    no way man, that's a mirror
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    It would be nice if they installed a nice bright flash circling around the camera lens in a half moon shape, imbedded into the phone (non-protruding, smooth surface). That would have been a good upgrade for the Treo 650.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    what's the point of all those upgrades to the cam if they're not going to add a god damn flash?!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    what's the point of all those upgrades to the cam if they're not going to add a god damn flash?!
    My thoughts exactly.
    Turns out we were not giving the P1 folks enough credit in knowing that there was no reason to go to a good camera without having a flash. Was at the sprint store today where i know the manager. Check it out!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you ***

Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Turns out we were not giving the P1 folks enough credit in knowing that there was no reason to go to a good camera without having a flash. Was at the sprint store today where i know the manager. Check it out!!
    how about an external flash? do they make ones that fit in the SD slot?
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    how about an external flash? do they make ones that fit in the SD slot?
    No, no, no, no, no.......

No relying on peripherals that should be a part of the design to take up the memory slot. If it really needs a flash, then put the flash in the phone. Same for WiFi; if it is important, put it in the phone. Less common stuff (GPS, bar code scanners, etc.) is okay, but NOTHING goes in the slot that may have to stay there (like the flash or WiFi) and continue to stick out of the slot!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I think many people would argue that GPS should be an "in the phone" option. In fact, I'd take it over the camera.

That said, it is annoying that there is no flash. I can only think that this is the kind of thing that will make us buy the Treo 700 when it comes out. The upgraded resolution and bluetooth will be WiFi and 2MP camera with flash. Oh and it will have a better processor (probaly about 40% more Mhz), more memory (probably 64MB), and Cobalt. It might have a few look and feel innovations. Anyway, that will be the one we get in 15 months from now.

And now I'll put my crystal ball away.
    fear?
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I don't want a camera, let alone a flash. When will the non-camera model come out?
    it already is for Sprint and ATT
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    And now I'll put my crystal ball away.
    no wait! just a few numbers for the lottery and i'll... just...

never mind.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    I'd rather have a faster lens and a more sensitive CMOS/CCD array than a flash. I nearly always keep the flash off on my Canon S230, since I don't like how flashes wash out facial contours create artificial highlights.

I prefer shooting in available light, and I've done quite a bit of night photography with the Treo 600: my avatar, for instance was taken with the Treo. The main problem with the 600 is that it takes too long to get a decent exposure. I have to hold the "shutter" open 4 to 6 seconds before hitting the capture button in low-light settings. So if the new lens and sensor would gather more light, I'd be a happy camper.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast