Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Help I recently went through Hurricane Charley and had no power for a week! Now we are looking at Frances headed our way and I am freaked out! One of my issues was that I was counting on connecting via WirelessModem (which I do own - bought and paid for - but no support offered) to connect me to the internet as needed. However it bombed when I tried to implement it during our power outage. I have used it before successfully, but it's been a while (probably like 6 months) since I used it. I paid the $37.50 specifically to have it for emergencies and when I needed it it failed me.

Like I said, it worked before great I'm connecting with a USB cable to my macintosh iBook running system 9.2. I've followed the steps to connect as shown on their site (these worked before) and am dialing into #777. Has that changed in the last few months? BTW, my provider is Sprint. The OSX version isn't an option, as I'm not running it at all on my laptop - most of my programs are older and not optimized so I never bothered loading it.

All that's happening is I can hear the numbers dial on my laptop and then nothing. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas before Friday?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I would go to this web site for WirelessModem and register and then post your request there. You may get some helpful suggestions and the author does look at the messages.

http://www.notifymail.com/mailman/li...essmodem-users

Frank