Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I know this is adding more fire to the already smoldering Treo Ace rumors, but I just read this over at 1scr.com (formerly cliesource/palmonecity):

A reliable insider has read the recent T5 rumors here in 1SRC and made the following comments and provided new details:

- The pictures provided are either a Photoshop job or a very early prototype. While the upcoming T5 will have a similar form factor, it does not look anything like it.
    - There will be a 256MB Flash RAM (which is impervious to hard resets). All apps will be native and 230MB will be usable.
    - There will be no built-in WiFi but the current PalmOne WiFi SD card would work.
    - The universal connector will be changed to a USB type connector. The T5 will mount like a removable device.
    - Applications that are native include Documents To Go which will read MS Office native files directly. If you want to conserve space though, save the data files as .PDB.
    - PlamOne will market a wireless keyboard as an accessory.

Our source further mentions that there is no upcoming Tungsten E2, only the Tungsten T5 and the new Treo (no official name yet) codenamed "Rowdy" not "Ace" are planned
    So what the heck is the "Rowdy" supposed to be? This is the first I've heard of this? Any thoughts?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  2. WAB
    HMMMM
    interesting G-

"Rowdy" Just sounds like a "psy-ops" handle... who knows? Either way I'm just ready to order it in late September and hope to get it before Thanksgiving :-)

I can already see the thread about order date and date of reciept coming very soon.
  3.    #3  
    I dunno if the article is saying there is ANOTHER rumored Treo or that the code name of the Ace has changed to 'Rowdy'. Whatever the case, I hope this means there is anther Treo version in the pipelines? Perhaps Rowdy could be the code name for the CDMA version since Webit's leaked pics seem to be of the gsm version? Or could it possibly be for an entirely different Treo version as alluded to by PalmOne in their "Family of Treos" comment? I would love this to be a nice lower end model....

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    C'mon FOLKS!!! Isn't anyone here interested that there might be ANOTHER Treo model coming out besides the ACE?!!!

This would certainly make sense in light of PalmOne's recent announcements of a "family of Treos"....

I can barely deal with the idea of the Treo ACE just inches from my fingertips...I don't think I can handle the rumor of yet another Treo in the works
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    256 megs of RAM? As Keanu says: woah

They'll probably announce the Rowdy two weeks after I buy the Ace.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    I can barely deal with the idea of the Treo ACE just inches from my fingertips...I don't think I can handle the rumor of yet another Treo in the works
    so true.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    "Rowdy" is just the code name for the customers trying to get the first treo ace! LOL
    I hope its not too rowdy to wish for a Treo Rowdy running PalmOS 6 with 256 mb RAM and a hires screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    C'mon FOLKS!!! Isn't anyone here interested that there might be ANOTHER Treo model coming out besides the ACE?!!!
    The thing is, the information posted on 1src makes it pretty clear that there are two new models coming: the T5 and the new Treo. It continues to say that the name of the new Treo is "Rowdy" and not "Ace".

I just don't read "Rowdy" + "Ace" into that no matter how I read it.
    "Rowdy" could be the top-of-the-line Treo that all the rowdy Treo users have been asking for (ie. WI-FI, way more RAM, camera w/ flash, PTT, etc.)
    - Applications that are native include Documents To Go which will read MS Office native files directly. If you want to conserve space though, save the data files as .PDB.
    Maybe is just me, but if the device has 256MB of RAM (230 available) and I can add a 1GB card, why would I worry about conserving space? Just sounds like a odd comment to make, IMHO.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Maybe is just me, but if the device has 256MB of RAM (230 available) and I can add a 1GB card, why would I worry about conserving space? Just sounds like a odd comment to make, IMHO.
    Well you can't hard reset, so why worry? Ok...that didn't make sense, but you still can't make hard resets if 1SRC's insider is correct.
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)

This would certainly make sense in light of PalmOne's recent announcements of a "family of Treos"....
    I seriously hope this is the < $200 Treo...I'm like dying to get a Treo, but I can't afford the 650...this "Rowdy" may be the answer, IF it's that low-end Treo...

Of course, that may just be the Ace under another name...
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Rowdy is probably the code word because if this is a low end priced Treo the mobs of people would be rowdy while waiting in line to purchase it as PalmOne instantly doubles their market share in the handheld arena.

-THP
    Last edited by Nautilus Man; 09/01/2004 at 04:26 PM.
    Think First, ask questions later!
    I thought I read the T5 would be the one with the 256MB of on-board fun. I don't think they were referring to the Treo Rowdy until the end. And to that they just mentioned the name, which could be anything. I'm guessing it's just another name for Ace unless there's another report of a second Treo, which there isn't yet.
    There are two new palmOne units coming this fall -- that's it through the end of the year as palmOne told a group in June. There will be NO OS 6 units before January.

First: palmOne Treo "Ace" - It's pretty much as "outted" here already. No flash for the camera (that's a fact btw). EDGE RX/TX and CDMA 1X Dual Band units, Bluetooth 1.1 (modem, obex, headset and car kit functions cited) 312mHZ Intel ARM processor, Blazer 4.0 Browser, Versa Mail 3.0.

Second: palmOne Tungsten "Angus" - Looks much like the Tungsten E. Runs OS 5.4 (NOT Cobalt, none until after the first of the year in OS 6). 320 x 480 TFT 16-bit screen, 256 MB internal flash dive, 32 MB SDRAM, 1020 mAH Li-ion non-removable battery, Bluetooth, SD slot, 5-Way nav and the yet to be leaked Athena Connector (replacing the Universal Connector). NO microphone, LED or WiFi! Basicly it's the Tungsten E's big brother. It will come with the Blazer 4.0 Browser and Versa Mail 2.7 though.

These are the facts for the fall -- that's it at this point on the roadmap.

---------------------------------------------------
    Do you know The Muffin Man? He knows...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    First: palmOne Treo "Ace" - It's pretty much as "outted" here already. No flash for the camera (that's a fact btw). EDGE RX/TX and CDMA 1X Dual Band units, Bluetooth 1.1 (modem, obex, headset and car kit functions cited) 312mHZ Intel ARM processor, Blazer 4.0 Browser, Versa Mail 3.0.
    Just wondering... how did you get this info? Ppl have been asking for days if the Next Treo would be Edge and 1X compatable and here you are with the info! Any more news? what about the new memory setup? plllllease!!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    ......First: palmOne Treo "Ace" - It's pretty much as "outted" here already. No flash for the camera (that's a fact btw). EDGE RX/TX and CDMA 1X Dual Band units, Bluetooth 1.1 (modem, obex, headset and car kit functions cited) 312mHZ Intel ARM processor, Blazer 4.0 Browser, Versa Mail 3.0.

How about RAM for the Ace? Is it truly only 32 MB??
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Just wondering... how did you get this info? Ppl have been asking for days if the Next Treo would be Edge and 1X compatable and here you are with the info! Any more news? what about the new memory setup? plllllease!!
    He's WeeBit in disguise
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast