Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by fmertz
    On the ACE1 slide, for the side button, it states "MP3 or voice dial or PTT?" Why the "?" Wouldn't these P1 dudes know WTF the side button operates? By the way, since the pictures are still here, don't we think that maybe P1 doesn't care because its all a bunch of hooey? I'm from Missouri on this one.
    I don't think it is that significant. PalmOne is making a phone for GSM use and a phone for CDMA use. Both Treo designs might be PTT capable or maybe only one design is. Then there are the carriers themselves. Orange has already mentioned the implementation of a PTT system over GSM. But Orange is a European carrier, not U.S. Neither AT&T, or Cingular or T-Mobile have said they would implement PTT (not to my knowledge anyway). There are rumored PTT GSM handsets on Phonescoop, but that's about it. Also, there is no way to know if either Sprint or Verizon, which do have PTT implementations, will wish to incorporate them into this phone.

So if the phone can handle PTT and if the carrier chooses to implement PTT, the perhaps the button would be used for that feature. Otherwise, it could be used for voicedialing or voice memos.

Personally, I could care less about PTT and I would like it simply for voicedialing. But I like the fact that it may be configurable.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Let's hope EDGE is included for the GSM camp as it is pivotal for my purchase

Yes it is. the upgrade from CDMAOne to CDMA2000 1xRTT comes complete with a data channel. That's what you are currently using RTT. EV-DO is an updgrade to faster data.
    While it appears that the upcoming Treo 650 will support EDGE on the GSM/GPRS side of the fence, I'd almost bet that the CDMA models will be missing EV-DO speed functionality.

Verizon and Sprint seem to have really figured out how to alienate high-end users by resisting fast data, Bluetooth and even IR in their handsets. Verizon's choice to cripple the Bluetooth in the new Motorola 710 is clearer evidence than ever that they aren't going to embrace Bluetooth data connectivity until their marketshare errodes significantly. Sprint suffers from the same myopic view and their workforce suffered tremendously as a result (1000 +/- in their EMM department lost their jobs because they couldn't make business happy -- even with the Treo 600 and Hitachi G1000.)

I predict that the first support we'll see for EV-DO will be a data card late in 2004 or at the beginning of 2005, with maybe a PPC phone being the first smart phone with either carrier to have that data speed support.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    C'mon FOLKS!!! Isn't anyone here interested that there might be ANOTHER Treo model coming out besides the ACE?!!!

This would certainly make sense in light of PalmOne's recent announcements of a "family of Treos"....

i think it would be awesome if multiple handsets came out from palm. it would somewhat solidify their foot in the business world
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Let's hope EDGE is included for the GSM camp as it is pivotal for my purchase

Yes it is. the upgrade from CDMAOne to CDMA2000 1xRTT comes complete with a data channel. That's what you are currently using RTT. EV-DO is an updgrade to faster data.
    Thanks 100thMonkey
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeUnwired
    ...I'd almost bet that the CDMA models will be missing EV-DO speed functionality.
    ...I predict that the first support we'll see for EV-DO will be a data card late in 2004 or at the beginning of 2005, with maybe a PPC phone being the first smart phone with either carrier to have that data speed support.
    True that Treo may not have it, but as I had mentioned, you are correct, a PPC phone, the EV-DO HTC Harrier (CDMA version of MDA III) as well as a EV-DO version of the original HTC MDA I, called the audiovox 5050 (I think Bell or Telus in Canada already carries that one). If speed was that posters concern and he is willing to switch platforms, there may be better options in a few months, of course, without the Treo

Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    Thanks 100thMonkey
    no problemo
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    HOW COULD Palm have the guts to utilize 4 year old technology. H*LL, Bluetooth 1.2 is over a year old.
    You have to remember that the slides are 6.5 months old. It's probably very tough to get the latest components that also fit into the Treo's form factor. Anyway, I don't think we should consider this final specs until we see final specs. I wouldn't make a buying decision on this.
    hopefully it will also be assignable for voice record too

ahhh, one touchvoice memo again....ahhhh drooooolll
    FYI, SoundRec from Infinity Ball already allows you to do that http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Hey, I questioned the photos when they came out and asked Weebit what camera he used to take the pictures and to my knowledge he never replied. I know how the pictures were generated (down to the model number of the device)...it just seemed to "orchestrated" the way it happened then nothing else. Does anyone find it odd that Treo Central was made to pull the powerpoint screen and article but no one came at Treo Central or anyone else making them remove the pictures of the purported new Treo? I have been sitting on the sidelines since I got flamed repeatedlyu that night waiting for more to be revealed. I personally find this interesting...
    [QUOTE=gharrod]Hey, I questioned the photos when they came out and asked Weebit what camera he used to take the pictures and to my knowledge he never replied.QUOTE]

I don't think Weebit ever claimed to have taken the pictures (correct me if I am wrong) and I do not think he ever even saw or handled the 650 directly.

Most likely got the pics from a friend of a friend of a friend who is now in a heap of trouble. I am sorry someone got busted (if they even did) but I am glad the pics were posted none-the-less.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Hey, I questioned the photos when they came out and asked Weebit what camera he used to take the pictures and to my knowledge he never replied. I know how the pictures were generated (down to the model number of the device)...it just seemed to "orchestrated" the way it happened then nothing else. Does anyone find it odd that Treo Central was made to pull the powerpoint screen and article but no one came at Treo Central or anyone else making them remove the pictures of the purported new Treo? I have been sitting on the sidelines since I got flamed repeatedlyu that night waiting for more to be revealed. I personally find this interesting...
    I don't understand. Are you questioning the validity of WeeBit's obtained photos or the low-rez slides from The Muffin Man... or both?

And are you saying you know what camera took the photos that WeeBit had or... ...something else?
    Why does it matter what "camera" took them?

As for the pictures being pulled...Weebit asked they be pulled...and he probably did it before Palm ASKED. As they surely would have.

I also have to ask:

OK...so let's say you are right...and this whole thing is one elaborate set up where somebody spent pain staking hours putting together fake photos and powerpoint slides. WHY DO YOU CARE? If you don't think the information is valid...ignore it. It's not you who wasted the countless hours in some pathetic joke...

For the record...while I am sure some of the info has been subject to change over time...more or less I think it is accurate and factual. But I filter it to a certain degree...because this is just an open bulletin board. geez...
    Another question from a non-GSM user here: is EDGE backwards-compatible with GPRS? Can the T650, if it has an EDGE radio, still make a GPRS data connection if a particular network doesn't support EDGE?
    yup

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

While I am hoping that these slides are authentic, I can't help but notice that while slide #24 (ace1.jpg) lists "more on next slide" next to the new button layout, neither slide #25 or #26 (ace2.jpg and ace3.jpg) has nothing in regards to the new layout.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeeth
    FYI, SoundRec from Infinity Ball already allows you to do that http://www.infinityball.com/soundrec.aspx
    true enough, however, the one touch records straight to memory, which eats memory and the memos to the card are actually awful even after playing with the settings

I have SoundRec for quickies and Audacity for dictation as it makes nice recordings to the SD card. I could live with the one touch going to the main memory if the SD card recordings weren't so awful

can anyone say GPS? no comment...
    My information is starting to look VERY strong. Like I said, the facts will speak for themselves. I didn't think it would fall into the T# category. I thought it would be an E2 or M or something.
    And like I said... hoax.
    Using a second hoax to validate a first hoax doesn't exactly strengthen your claim. LOL

What will happen is that the real T5 will show up with *some* of the features you claimed and then you'll say "told you so".

I say your slides are bogus, although it may turn out that a bunch of the information on them correspond to the real T5. Anyone can throw darts and hit the target now and then.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I sold my used TREO for $474.25 two weeks ago on ebay. I knew the ACE would be out soon and that was the device for me. I am trying to cope with just a laptop for now and my Sanyo 8100 phone. The TREO ACE will be the perfect tool for the Real Estate Professional. Currently I use a Laptop, Desktop, Canon Digital Rebel and Cell Phone. It will be nice to have everything that I need in one device that fits right in my pocket. My guess is that the price will be $650.00 just like the model.
    What are your thoughts on price without a new plan?
    Robert Bolar REALTOR® for Utah Homes
    Coldwell Banker
    "Selling Utah One Home At A Time" SellUtah.com or OwnUtah.com
    Cell: 801-920-4620
    Office: 801-920-2440
    Res: 801-737-3664
    Fax: 801-475-8115
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567