Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Well, gfunk, I can only speak for myself, but the TungstenInfo scam has nothing to do with my not believing this. It is the content of these posts all by themselves which makes them not believable. Palm does not have that pathetic of a marketing department to have produced such unprofessional material. These are the products of someone untrained in creating presentations, but very good at telling you what you want to hear.

I would tend to agree with this assessment.

The real question is why Muffin did not post before WBO?

Did he not have the material until this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K.
    Absolutely... this is the best info yet! And one of the slides said that EDGE will be supported? (is that different from EVDO?)

Let's hope EDGE is included for the GSM camp as it is pivotal for my purchase

Yes it is. the upgrade from CDMAOne to CDMA2000 1xRTT comes complete with a data channel. That's what you are currently using RTT. EV-DO is an updgrade to faster data.

Now, GSM data started off with CSD (circurt switched data,like what you used on CDMAOne). Later GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) came along. EDGE is an additional data path upgrade for GSM networks. EDGE is complety different that UMTS or WCDMA, FYI.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    I would tend to agree with this assessment.

The real question is why Muffin did not post before WBO?

Did he not have the material until this week?
    once the dike has sprung a leak, its hard to stop the flood

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

On the ACE1 slide, for the side button, it states "MP3 or voice dial or PTT?" Why the "?" Wouldn't these P1 dudes know WTF the side button operates? By the way, since the pictures are still here, don't we think that maybe P1 doesn't care because its all a bunch of hooey? I'm from Missouri on this one.
    Doug
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I think that the first slide has been doctored to add the orange arrows and text descriptions of the features. The other slides appear to be untouched.
    Many of your naysayers question the quality of the slides and say that they are fakes because they aren't marketing quality. Like I've said before, time will tell. Just remember that the presentation that this came from many not have ever seen the marketing department. Only presentations that are for external consumption would have to go through that process. These people at palmOne put their pants on just like us. Some are good at Power Point and some aren't so good.

Also, I will confirm that my Photo Shop skills really do suck. I couldn't have mocked these up in Photo Shop if my life depended on it.

Again as I said the presenation date is stale and some things could have changed but I think not much. Time will certainly tell.
    do you know how many timeslots are supposed to by the EDGE model?

Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    Also, I will confirm that my Photo Shop skills really do suck. I couldn't have mocked these up in Photo Shop if my life depended on it.
    Boy, that's rich: the con artist telling us he doesn't have the skill to pull off the con. Yea, that sure is convincing! LOL

These slides would be so easy to hack together it's laughable. You hardly need any skill at all with PowerPoint to do it in a matter of a couple hours. The fact that you've obviously hoodwinked so many folks with such easily produced material must have you giddy with delight, McMuffin Guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    First: palmOne Treo "Ace" ...Bluetooth 1.1 (modem, obex, headset and car kit functions cited)...
    Arrgghhh!
    Somehow this escaped when I read this the first time, but I was just reading someone else's quote of this and noticed the Bluetooth 1.1 specification.

HOW COULD Palm have the guts to utilize 4 year old technology. H*LL, Bluetooth 1.2 is over a year old. This just doesn't make sense to me. Besides, one of the big improvements in 1.2 was the improved sound quality through echo cancellation.

You know what, if this information is true (which I hope it is not), they really have no intention on ever bringing Wi-Fi to this new Treo (via SD card). Why, you may ask? Another of the big advantages in Bluetooth 1.2 (not 1.1) is the adaptive frequency hopping allowing Bluetooth devices to sidestep interference from Wi-Fi products which use the same 2.4GHz spectrum. So this means no Wi-Fi with this old Bluetooth standard embedded in the 650 because the 2 are not 100% compatible.
    Amen brother!

You saw my original comment and elaborated most excellently.

No BT 1.2 is an UNBELIEVABLE CLUSTER F by PalmOne.

I have mention this before and no one commented...glad I am not the only one who recognizes this.
    agreed, it sucks, but I thought it was in line with P1's strategy before TMM's announcement of EDGE

Quote Originally Posted by fmertz
    On the ACE1 slide, for the side button, it states "MP3 or voice dial or PTT?" Why the "?" Wouldn't these P1 dudes know WTF the side button operates? By the way, since the pictures are still here, don't we think that maybe P1 doesn't care because its all a bunch of hooey? I'm from Missouri on this one.
    Was going to point that out myself...
    reictures being still being here.

I guess this statement is because weebit arent anymore?

we know WeeBit asked Treocentral to pull the pictures. He didn't give a reason why. My guess the his "source" asked him to.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Let's hope EDGE is included for the GSM camp as it is pivotal for my purchase

Yes it is. the upgrade from CDMAOne to CDMA2000 1xRTT comes complete with a data channel. That's what you are currently using RTT. EV-DO is an updgrade to faster data.

Now, GSM data started off with CSD (circurt switched data,like what you used on CDMAOne). Later GPRS (General Packet Radio Service) came along. EDGE is an additional data path upgrade for GSM networks. EDGE is complety different that UMTS or WCDMA, FYI.
    EDGE is supposedly better than 1xRTT, which means my next phone might be GSM!

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarg...ork/edge.jhtml
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    EDGE is supposedly better than 1xRTT, which means my next phone might be GSM!

http://www.attwireless.com/midtolarg...ork/edge.jhtml
    i'm already looking ahead to UMTS, which is already deployed in four (soon to be six) cities in the U.S. and serving up speeds of 200-300 kbps.

but for the meantime, yes, EDGE would be a welcome step. especially for us Cingular MediaWorks plan people with unlimited data, 1500 SMS, and 200 MMS for $19.95/mos. With EDGE you're going to be enjoying CD quality streaming audio via PocketTunes/Shoutcast at speeds of 128 kbps. I've already been using my Treo as a substitute for XM radio in my car, and things will only get better with EDGE/UMTS.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Well...before you jump ship! If you are happy with your service provider, Sprint or Verizon, you may want to hold on before jumping. Both of them are committed to a swift roll out of EV-DO, which is immensly faster than EDGE. Now, with service contracts and everything, unless you are willing to change phones like shoes (like me) you might want to stick to the provider that gives you reliable service where you are. Now, If a GSM provider is as good as your current provider, then, by all means, jump ship...but an EDGE phone is no good if it doesn't work for you...know what I mean

That said, I would love to have you join our GSM community

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I will definitely investigate Sprint's upgrade plans in MN before jumping ship. But our rumor-monger's slides indicate the 650 won't support EV-DO. This is definitely shaping up as a good time to NOT buy a new phone. Treo 700, here I come!
    If you are willing to consider PPC, look to the HTC Harrier

On the ACE1 slide, for the side button, it states "MP3 or voice dial or PTT?" Why the "?" Wouldn't these P1 dudes know WTF the side button operates?
    It's probably assignable...just like the Tungsten side button for Voice record.
    hopefully it will also be assignable for voice record too

ahhh, one touchvoice memo again....ahhhh drooooolll

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast