Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    Oh man...I believe! . Thanks TMM!

So no Rowdy, eh? Aww...too bad .
    Don't let them give you too much crap over at PIC. That guy TungstenInfo did a pretty convicing PhotoShop job. Foo Fighter hit the nail on the head with his sixth sense on that T5 thing. That's why I went to all this trouble. I wanted to prove that 1SRC guy was faking. Nothing tells the truth like the truth.

BTW I think palmOne will eventually skip the T4 for the bad luck reasons people rationalized already.

I wouldn't say there might not be a "Rowdy" in development. My gasroeterologist didn't have any info on that one for me. I'd expect that there would be more units on the horizon. It would make sense that palmOne would have a lower end Treo unit possibly on the boards. Even Nokia has multiple handsets in their lines. You'd think that the 600 would be low end enough but you never know when it comes to the fools (I mean folks) at palmOne. I'd personally like to see a clamshell unit like the Kyocera 7135 in a OS 5.4 with 320 x 320 screen with QWERTY keyboard from someone. Maybe Samsung or Kyocera have something up their sleeves?
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    Hey TMM, can you send me that file where you're getting all this info? .
    Now that wouldn't be smart of me, would it? I'm trying to keep my identity secret and my gastroeterologist might not like me sharing everything in his cookie jar. Besides, there isn't a single file. They are screen individual captures.

This stealth stuff is hard work!
    So I'm guessing you or your gastrointerologist was on a web conference of some sort where you or he/she saw the slides and used a screen capture program to get the slide pics?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    So I'm guessing you or your gastrointerologist was on a web conference of some sort where you or he/she saw the slides and used a screen capture program to get the slide pics?
    Where's my box of gold stars?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    Don't let them give you too much crap over at PIC. That guy TungstenInfo did a pretty convicing PhotoShop job. Foo Fighter hit the nail on the head with his sixth sense on that T5 thing. That's why I went to all this trouble. I wanted to prove that 1SRC guy was faking. Nothing tells the truth like the truth.
    Whoa...you've seen me before? Interesting...

You really sound like that guy who's 1SRC's "reliable insider". Are you? .

Whoever you are...thanks for all the info...you've made my day much happier...hopefully...
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    Ace1 (slide)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=3716

Interested in the Ace.
    Wow, I totally missed that slide. Thank you for a polite reply instead of flaming me

Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    Interesting... Note that it says VGA camera.
    bummer, maybe 1.3 is an included upgrade, maybe
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    All of this clandestine, super secret confidentiality is becoming one big spy thriller.

Will Spiderman's true identity be revealed? I am lol over this suspicious questioning of each other's "new" usernames, etc. I think I'll just give up my comic books and stay tuned!

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    I'd personally like to see a clamshell unit like the Kyocera 7135 in a OS 5.4 with 320 x 320 screen with QWERTY keyboard from someone. Maybe Samsung or Kyocera have something up their sleeves?

Here, Here!!

Ski
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    Wow, I totally missed that slide. Thank you for a polite reply instead of flaming me
    No problem Jerk!.......Just kidding.
    First: I can guarantee I'm NOT WeeBit in disguise.

Second: My FACTS are dead-on accurate because they came from palmOne themselves. It's DUAL BAND, not DUAL MODE and the memory quotes for the Ace are accurate (I don't like it either BTW).

Here are a few "graphics" to prove the info I have claimed. I'll pust some more in a second past as I've used up my 5 slots with this one.

BTW, Spacehog, I don't have a job!

I can't believe it!!! That's Totoro set as wallpaper in the first Treo ACE pic!!!!!!!
    OMG!!! There must be some Miyazaki's fan in the P1 board!!!

Oh, i'm feeling soooo important now
    Dear Patrick,

Time will tell. Remember, these were not marketing slides. Seeing that they are dated 2/2004 I'd expect that production units would have some slight variations. You just keep telling yourself they're fake though. It's ok, denial is more than a river in Africa.
    Yes, indeed, time will tell.

You know, I love rumours, and I don't give a hoot if someone tries to hoax me, like TungstenInfo, when it's just about something as trifling as a possible future Palm model. But I have to say that, while TI did an excellent photo editing job worthy of a first class hoax, your "slides" are so poorly done in graphics and content they are laughable. Just the fact that they include the Ace mock-ups with the blue digit keys as opposed to what we now know to be the keyboard, is suspect in itself, but the other things (which I won't mention cause you'll only fix them and try again) are much more fatal. I'll just say that anyone who has ever created a professional presentation can see in an instant that there are multiple no-no's in those slides that would never see the light of day.

Suggest you go back to the drawing board and create another user login for a second hoax. This one is pretty poor.
    So Muffin Man... Do you have more pictures of this Angus? We want more more more...
    Bluetooth 1.1 and NOT 1.2 in the Treo 650.

ENORMOUS blunder on their part.

Can't wait to see the threads of issues when it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ahh!! Muffin Man, thanks for the insightful info...particularly since it seems that other specs posted on 1src.com were complete and utter bullshiite! Anway, thanks for your info which fits more in line with Nexave's leak posted before all this mess. Anyway, the "Angus" (seriously wtf did they choose that? ) sounds more like a TE2 than anything else. Again, it would be disappointing to learn that P1 won't integrate wifi with this, but then they may be waiting until Cobalt to do that? Anyway, can't wait to see this...

Btw, what is Edge Rx/Tx? I know what Edge is but what about "RX/TX"? What does that stand for? Anyway, it will be nice if the Ace or whatever does have Edge...

Angus? that's just TE with TH55 screen, not even a WiFi.

man, palm is more toast than I previously thought. By second half of 2005, POS will be less than 25%. There will be only three big players in handheld left in late 2005: PPC, PSP, and Nintendo.
    This is a great thread, I'm surprised it hasn't taken off some more (that's alright, the whole world doesn't need to find everything out).

The slides regarding specific software improvements are very interesting. Thank you!
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    This is a great thread, I'm surprised it hasn't taken off some more (that's alright, the whole world doesn't need to find everything out).

The slides regarding specific software improvements are very interesting. Thank you!
    Absolutely... this is the best info yet! And one of the slides said that EDGE will be supported? (is that different from EVDO?)
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu

I agree... I was wondering they same thing. But I think what happenned is that people are are more wary because of the hoax photoshop of the supposed "Tungsten 5" over at 1src.com. Everyone got soo burned by the fake pics and specs posted by that ***** TungstenInfo, that no one now wants to believe anything! I posted links to this thread at PIC, Brighthand etc, but no one wants to believe it now b/c of the T5 nonsene earlier...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I always like a good rumor.

Muffin man as the Angus slides are from february I'm guessing you should have the info on the new Cobalt handhelds as well. January/february is not that far away. Please post those slides as well

thanks!
    Well, gfunk, I can only speak for myself, but the TungstenInfo scam has nothing to do with my not believing this. It is the content of these posts all by themselves which makes them not believable. Palm does not have that pathetic of a marketing department to have produced such unprofessional material. These are the products of someone untrained in creating presentations, but very good at telling you what you want to hear.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast