Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    drool....................
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I predict each of Muffin Man's slides will be gone before noon tomorrow.

Palm is probably calling their lawyers now.
    That's up to TC. They will have to remove them. Any way you look at it, it will be an exciting afternoon in the Palm world now won't it?

Do you know The Muffin Man? Does anyone know The Muffin Man? Only my gastroenterologist knows for sure!
  3. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    Does anyone have any more questions?
    Do you know if it does or doesn't have PTT?
    Do you know The Muffin Man? Does anyone know The Muffin Man? Only my gastroenterologist knows for sure!
    DUDE! I know you!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    (Happy 100thMonkey! ). ...What else do you know!
    I know my whole f*cking body just starting quivering...and palms just got sweaty

Quote Originally Posted by spacehog
    some of his info is accurate, a couple of things arent.
    would you like to clear up discrepancies for us?

Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Just to clarify, what is CDMA 1x? I thought 1xrt (or something like that) is what Sprint uses for vision that was in the Treo 300+600.
    You are correct, 1x is 1xRTT which is currently being used by Sprint and Verizon

Is this 1x something like EV-DO or just the old stuff that we've had for two generations?
    They would denote EV-DO separately, 1x is the current speed that you are using ot pricewise either for that matter, although you do get to be able to receive calls instead of going to VM and you can SMS while on a call

However EDGE (and some coverage of it - anyone have maps for carriers with EDGE in the US) would make me switch to GSM from Sprint as long as the data rate is similar (which I'm sure it's not going to be).
    Well, ATT has nationwide EDGE, but you aren't going to get much better speeds or prices. Cingular has EDGE in a couple of places and T-Mo has yet to release any EDGE commercially

I think he's talking about Dual Band CDMA as his quote is "CDMA 1X Dual Band."
    correct, that is 850 and 1900 in the USA

Does anyone have any more questions?
    so what does that button do beneath the volume rocker? PTT? one touch voice memo? camera shutter?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    If these are accurate, which they look to be, I'm yawning. palmOne is underwhelming me yet again and pushing me toward PPCs faster than when Carl Yankowski was at the healm. Sure, the Treos are nice and all -- and I really enjoy using mine daily -- but the innovation is a bit underwhelming on the Palm front since OS 6 went GOLD and PPCs started to really take off. What I wouldn't give for a CDMA or GSM/GPRS voice-enabled Sony Clie UX50! That would be a REAL smart phone!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...
    OMG, you aren't taking these obviously fake "slides" as real are you?

My goodness, they have soooooo many characteristics to them that Palm would never, ever let pass a marketing review. Methinks MuffinMan is just trying to capitalize on all the recent buzz for some more fun and games.
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    You da man, Muffin Man!! Thanks!
    agreed wholeheartedly? Do you know how many timeslots that the EDGE model will support?

Quote Originally Posted by antmelnat
    32 + 32 MB......Wooohooo!
    where did you get this from, I didn't see this anywhere? is this just what you want or what? are you interested in the Ace or Angus?

The Treo Ace will be at the end of October and ....Stores like to have their holiday merch set by 1 October to set the supplies in and all the ads placed. .... AT&T and Cingular to follow.
    that's acceptable
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS

My goodness, they have soooooo many characteristics to them that Palm would never, ever let pass a marketing review. Methinks MuffinMan is just trying to capitalize on all the recent buzz for some more fun and games.

Check out the different colors on the keypad (numeric and text). These look like they were mocked up from that earlier release picture, not the pictures from WBO a few days ago.
    AT&T and Cingular are becoming one soon so EDGE is going to be part of their picture either way.

The Ace1.jpg slide mentions PTT but I'm not sure how it will be implemented. Maybe it will be carrier specific? Personally I think there's a special place in hell for people that use PTT anyway. I hate sitting around hearing the chirp and seeing people talking into their walkie talkies. It's bad enough that we're using phones all over already. To add PTT seems more arrogant and self centered than any other feature I've seen to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    where did you get this from, I didn't see this anywhere? is this just what you want or what? are you interested in the Ace or Angus?
    Ace1 (slide)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...achmentid=3716

Interested in the Ace.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS

Dear Patrick,

Time will tell. Remember, these were not marketing slides. Seeing that they are dated 2/2004 I'd expect that production units would have some slight variations. You just keep telling yourself they're fake though. It's ok, denial is more than a river in Africa.
    This is getting more and more interesting. Regarding the new "Today" screen, it looks very interesting if that is what is on one of the slides. I'm trying to make out what the top couple of lines contain, but it is very blurry. I also wonder if the bottom line with the "Favorites" buttons scrolls? I wonder how much you can customize this screen? Only time, will tell I guess.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    The Ace1.jpg slide mentions PTT but I'm not sure how it will be implemented. Maybe it will be carrier specific? Personally I think there's a special place in hell for people that use PTT anyway. I hate sitting around hearing the chirp and seeing people talking into their walkie talkies. It's bad enough that we're using phones all over already. To add PTT seems more arrogant and self centered than any other feature I've seen to date.
    Agree completely and it's made worse by the fact many of these people could use their Nextel flip phone just like any other flip phone but they would rather disturb everyone around them.
    Interesting... Note that it says VGA camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Agree completely and it's made worse by the fact many of these people could use their Nextel flip phone just like any other flip phone but they would rather disturb everyone around them.
    AMEN! My new phone may have PTT but I'll never use it public.
    MuffinMan: BTW, did you forget to post Ace4.jpg?
    Oh man...I believe! . Thanks TMM!

So no Rowdy, eh? Aww...too bad .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    MuffinMan: BTW, did you forget to post Ace4.jpg?
    Nope! I forgot to make an Ace4.jpg.

I don't really have much else to tell all of you except for some deatils on Versa Mail and an upcoming Uno architecture that builds in "hooks" or protocols for communication between apps in the PDA's. The Uno system won't be backwardly compatable with the Treo 600 although Versa Mail 3.0 will.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey TMM, can you send me that file where you're getting all this info? .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast