Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    Muffin Man...Is this a typo??? Did you really mean Dual Band or did you mean Dual Mode???... As in both GSM & CDMA in one phone...I would hope it would still be QUAD BAND (850/900/1800/1900)

Could you please claify? If not combine in one unit, then what bands will be available in GSM and what will be available in CDMA.

Which GSM carriers have EDGE????
    I think he's talking about Dual Band CDMA as his quote is "CDMA 1X Dual Band." I don't really follow all the sub-frequencies of the technology though. I just know CDMA, GSM, TDMA, iDen, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    Eh, I have some 500 posts or so dating back to the days of VisorCentral. If I were Weebit, I'd probably wouldn't have been keeping two user names (and replying to myself several times) just so that I could pull the wool over people's eyes in 5 years... or would I?
    Very true Weebit...well said!
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    First: I can guarantee I'm NOT WeeBit in disguise.

Second: My FACTS are dead-on accurate because they came from palmOne themselves. It's DUAL BAND, not DUAL MODE and the memory quotes for the Ace are accurate (I don't like it either BTW).

Here are a few "graphics" to prove the info I have claimed. I'll pust some more in a second past as I've used up my 5 slots with this one.

BTW, Spacehog, I don't have a job!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
    First: I can guarantee I'm NOT WeeBit in disguise.

Second: My FACTS are dead-on accurate because they came from palmOne themselves. It's DUAL BAND, not DUAL MODE and the memory quotes for the Ace are accurate (I don't like it either BTW).

Here are a few "graphics" to prove the info I have claimed. I'll pust some more in a second past as I've used up my 5 slots with this one.

BTW, Spacehog, I don't have a job!
    Wow, impressive.

Can I ask how you can across this info?
    Here are the rest of the screen shots you'll want to see.

I especially like the roadmap shot as it gives some justification for their path moving forward.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that there is an "investment" in the dual OS platform (Garnet and Cobalt). That means that palmOne will need to attend to take structure for a while at least I'd think. That makes the Treo line most likely to stay within the Garnet strata for a while and leaves it out of the Cobalt functionality for the near term.

Also, palmOne is standardizing the software offerings across handhelds and Blazer is the preferred web browser for all new models.

Take the FACTS for what they're worth and get on with your lives.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Awesome renderings!
    thanks!
    care to share with us if you know when we can get our greedy little hands on them?
    That info looks a little dated -- February according to the slides. Anything could have changed since then.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...
    so anyone care to predict how long before these pics are removed from TC and\or plastered all over other websites?

nice work, TMM
    Here are the rest of the screen shots you'll want to see.
    Thanks for keeping the dream alive MM!

You da man, Muffin Man!! Thanks!
    32 + 32 MB......Wooohooo!
    Oh, and the camera assembly in the new Treo Ace is reconfigured to make it highly modular. That will make it much simplier to make camera free Treo Aces. That way, all the carriers can have cameraless units rather than just the big selling vendors.

To answer the question as to where I got the screen shots, only my gastroenterologist knows for sure. Does anyone have any more questions?
  13. mtb
    This is grat info...thanks MM
    To answer the question as to where I got the screen shots, only my gastroenterologist knows for sure. Does anyone have any more questions?
    So I guess that means you pulled them out of your ****? (I couldn't resist!) http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Mike Lohsl
    Mobile Evangelist

From The Mind Of Mike...
  15. mtb
    To answer the question as to where I got the screen shots, only my gastroenterologist knows for sure.
    LOL
    Does anyone have any more questions?
    YES!
    whenwhenwhenwhenwhen??????????????
    The details on the the "Improved Main View in Phone app" sounds like a new Today screen. Cooool.
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    so anyone care to predict how long before these pics are removed from TC and\or plastered all over other websites?
    I predict each of Muffin Man's slides will be gone before noon tomorrow.

Palm is probably calling their lawyers now.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  19. mtb
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I predict each of Muffin Man's slides will be gone before noon tomorrow.

Palm is probably calling their lawyers now.
    I think they will make it until this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    YES!
    whenwhenwhenwhenwhen??????????????
    It's a summer/fall roadmap, so I'd say summer/fall of 2004. The Treo Ace will be at the end of October and the Angus will most likely be mid to end of September to get in the stores before Xmas. Stores like to have their holiday merch set by 1 October to set the supplies in and all the ads placed. That's generally how palmOne roll out new PDA's anyway. I predict that Sprint will come out with the Ace first in the US with AT&T and Cingular to follow.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast