1.    #1  
    I painted my treo red. I'm gonna let it dry for a week. Do you guys have any suggestions on what color goes well with this shade of red?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Unbelievable.

I would have prefered Black.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Flames...you should have flames on the back of that treo. Who could deny how hot it is then?
  5.    #5  
    that was the only paint available at the time. I said "oh what the hell" and put the paint on. It looks like one of those samsung dumbphones now. If I put it back together and it doesnt work, at least I have an excuse to upgrade to an ace
  6.    #6  
    I finished painting it and IMHO it looks better now than with the old plain gray paint. I'm going to post pictures in a while.

There's a problem though. The paint is still tacky after letting it dry for a week. Did I do anything wrong here?
    I've read about people who've painted their phones...I cannot remember which website tho. I think it depends on the type of paint, and some have even used markers. I don't know what to say...can you sand the phone and repaint? I'd suggest googling the topic. Try also www.howardforums.com I think some adventurous folks there have painted their phones and experimented a bit. Perhaps large stickers on the phone (those flames you know would cover enough for you to hold the phone without experiencing the tacky feeling...or it would look even tackier, I don't know.

Good luck with it and let us know how it turned out.
    Looks good but I wonder about how thick you've applied the paint and what prep you did... The original paint is rubbish so just painting over it doesn't work too well.

When I paint T180/270/300, I always strip the old paint off. I use a Proxxan electric modeling sander and 1000 grade paper but hand sanding with 1000 grade works too.

I then prime the bare surface and paint using 3 coats of good quality automotive spray paint (very thin coats is a must). The finish is as smooth as the original paint.

I have found that using modeling paint results in a rather thick (almost rubbery) look to the paint surface.
    www.gsmworld.com