1. nsp
    Does anyone know if I can hot sync by infared? I see that both my dell inspiron 4100 and treo 600 both have the infared I was wondering if it is possible to sync & not have to carry the patch cord with me at all times.....

Thanks
    Yes. Click the "Hotsynch" icon and select IR as one of the connection type options.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsp
    Does anyone know if I can hot sync by infared? I see that both my dell inspiron 4100 and treo 600 both have the infared I was wondering if it is possible to sync & not have to carry the patch cord with me at all times.....

Thanks
    I use this feature occasionally and it does work, although it's much slower than a cradle/cable sync. Make sure that your settings for Hotsync Manager & your Windows Wireless Link control panel settings match those shown in the attached screenshots.

tdh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Using hotsync via infrared is easy. Just choose IR on both your treo and the hotsync manager. The only thing you may have to play with is the serial port the IR is using on the workstation. It is definitely slower than with a cable, but well worth losing the hassle of a long cord.