1.    #1  
    I got my i.trek in the mail today, and I have to say I was suprised all the way around. My biggest surprise is that I don't know how to use it.

1. It's definitely smaller than I thought it would be. Very, very tiny.

2. I wasn't expecting it to only be powered by a car adapter. I wanted to try it out right away, but it's a bit of a walk to my car. I was just hoping to plug it in somewhere in my house and get a latitude/longitude.

3. I can't figure out how to install the drivers or if I even need to install drivers. The disc that it comes with has about 5 directories, none of which have names that would mean anything (random letters). Going through them and reading all the PDFs and txt files and it only makes mention of the USB version, but I have one that seems to be serial port (and Treo 600) in nature. So naturally, there's really not much to do except install the .exe (which is fine, but then it can't find the device on my computer plugged into the serial port).

4. I opted not to get Mapolis yet, mostly because I'm a developer and I've got a project that in mind that requires me to get simple latitudes and longitudes, not a map. Hence if that makes the whole system easier to use, I don't have it.

So can anyone answer the following questions for me:

1. How can I connect the device in my home or office (i.e. supply power without a cigarette lighter)?
    2. How can I install drivers on my local computer to use this on my PC?
    3. How can I supply power to this without a car? My project is 1000 times more useful without needing a car. I realize that the i.golf might be better suited, but I can't expect people to pay that amount if I were to take my project commercial.

Am I just trying to do too much with this product?
    Ok, I got my Itrek last week. The little cd they give you is not for your treo. I emailed the company about it. Just download the mapoplis software and it will work. You may want to get the free version in case you want to return anything. I was getting directions that were taking me the long way around and locking my treo up. I am ordering delorme and see how it will work.