View Poll Results: Are you buying the Treo 650?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I want one, give me one NOW!!

242 67.04%
  • After it's release, I think I'll wait a few months to grab one.

74 20.50%
  • I'll just wait for my current cell phone to disintegrate before I get a new one.

38 10.53%
  • No, too much phone for me.

7 1.94%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    That being said, I'll prolly get the Samsung i550. I've always loved flips and if the i550 has the VoiceSignal technology then it's no contest, since that's one feature that has to be on my next phone.

Yeah the i550/530 looks sweet. Here's some more pics Engadget posted recently:

http://engadget.com/entry/3114445122366423/

That external OLED screen is absolutely gorgeious imo!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You really should have a poll entry of 'Will upgrade if there is an upgrade plan similar to Handspring's old one'.

Thinking of selling the T600 now on ebay to get max price, glide for 6 weeks with backup phone and then use the ebay proceeds towards (hopefully) upgrade priced T650.

-WC-
    sounds like a good idea to me sell it now before you get nothing for it
    I thought about selling quick with the Treo 300, but I waited. I still got good money ($175, I think) off of ebay a month after the 600 was out. I think I'd do better with the Treo 600 this time, because the Treo 300 was far worse the 600 and the 600 is only slightly worse than the 650.

I'm still on the fence. The only big difference for me appears to be the hi-res.
    300s in "like new" condition are still going for up to $85 recently, sometimes more even with accessories and original manual and disck etc. Ones that show wear and tear go for less. So I have no doubt there will still be a good market for 600s even after the 650 comes out. BUT the big factor is going to be how much, if any, new 600 prices are lowered after the rollout. THAT will have a big impact on how much you can get on ebay.

OR buy in bulk and SAVE SAVE SAVE LOL http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...717718211&rd=1
    Last edited by midmofan; 08/31/2004 at 12:08 PM.
    i want the 650 because of the bluetooth, since i got a toyota prius with bluetooth. and up until last week i still had my original 300 which was over 2 years old but now i have a nice 'new' refurbished 300 (screen died) and i still like the phone a lot and i STILL prefer the flip form factor that protects the screen and keys!

i will probably upgrade because of the bluetooth and camera but not in a hurry since i have a nice new phone and the price will come down some in the first couple of months
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    100th, alot of the devices you mentioned are gonna be a long time in coming. First of all the Benq P50 has only been shown once, under glass, at a conference earlier this year...and it was never even shown as a working prototype at that! It's the closest to the Treo in form factor and suppossedly has triwireless, WM2003SE and all the goodies, but imo is at this point the biggest vapoware of them all... The MDAIII looks great but it's uncertain if it will ever be sold in NA. Plus it will likely cost you a GRAND USD for your desires! The MDAIV is not going to be around for a very looooong time...way in the future late in 2005 imo. The MpX won't arrive until early 2005 if rumors are correct, but still won't have the Edge that you desperate seek! Plus, Moto better hope the fix that abysmal battery life!. Also, the SE P1000 is intriguing. If it will indeed be triwireless and higher rez screen with the P910 thumbboard design, then it will be a very cool device. But since the P910 is just about to be released, I don't think we'll see the P1000 for a while regardless of what someone saw on a laptop screen...

Anyway, there's alot of cool devices about to released soon and I'm glad there's something for Treo users to look forward too. However having said that, I still don't think there's any one device that has the perfect mix of features and design...
    I agree on many of the points that you mentioned, you know alot will depend on how the market shakes out...i just REALLY, REALLY hope that they do some improvements with the 10 digit dialing keys on the thumbboard and don't do bluelights underneath since blue light diffuses easily at night and becomes blurry...I am increasingly thinking that I will jump for it as there DOESN'T appear to be a viable option

BTW: MDA III has FCC approval and is Quadband GSM, though I am worried that the slider form will require flush, rather than raised, keys (I LOVE A CANDYBAR!!) that may be more difficult to use.
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I think I'm going to wait on this one. I don't have $500 bucks to throw around on a new phone every year. My 600 dosen't even have a scratch on it. besides I'm sort of looking at dell's new amix x30 pocket pc. I've always been a palm os guy, but that sucker is sweet.
    I held off on buying a Treo 600 six months ago becuase of a persisitent rumor that the 'treo 610' release was imminent. If I had known then that it wouldn't be out until Fall 2004 I would NOT have held off. I may still be making the same mistake since we still do not KNOW when we can get our hands on them. Oh well, I can't wait to leapfrog my buddies who've been rubbing their 600's in my face (figuratively) all summer
    There might be as shortage of brand new treo 600's once the 650 comes out actually causing the 600's which are brand new to go up in price alittle. who knows..
    I'm a Treo loyalist but I feel like a laggard, when my Treo
    600 doesn't have bluetooth when all others do have. PalmOne shouldn't
    make the same mistake -- Treo 650 shouldn't go on production without a
    WiFi. WiFi will matter in my next smartphone selection. Practically, I
    would like to be able to use my Treo 650 when everyone else is using
    theirs at airports hotspots, or just at nearest Starbucks.
    it is supposed to support the new WiFi SD card
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    I want one as soon as it comes out but you should have seen the look on my wife's face when I told her that I wanted the new Treo only 3 months after we got 2 600's. That look told me I wouldn't live long enough to use it if I got it right away. She just doesn't understand the needs of a gadget geek like me.
    NO... because I will get one for free (it's who you know )

Would I buy one if a freebee wasn't coming my way? Possibly not.
    I don't need BT, HiRes or a better camera.
    The changes are not significant enough for me needs... if it had double the memory - this is something I could really use.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    When you think about the gain from the 270/300 to the 600, the 600 to Ace seems too small. Especially when you consider the need for all new accessories.

What might change things? Wi-Fi, would be good. Support for blackberry email servers (wasn't this a Q3/04 promise?). Maybe I'm just too happy with what I have.
    Two things keep me from saying yes. One is the lack of a flash. If I'm planning to take photos, I carry a real camera, and the Treo would be mostly used for spur-of-the-moment shots, many of which are indoors at parties or restaurants.

The other is the lack of a straightforward multimedia delivery solution, such as MobiTV or a way to download digitial audio and movies. I know I can convert CDs and DVDs, but what a pain. In the time it takes to buy and encode a DVD, then port it to the Treo, I could have watched most of the movie. When I first got my 600, I spent a lot of time converting MP3s and Audible programs. Then my SD card got corrupted and I never went back to reload everything. I'm not so gung-ho anymore that I want to geek out and spend several days setting up a new phone (not to mention the extra cost of a new, larger SD card). Anyone else feel this way?

I think if Palm really wants to make this device a success, they've got to provide a simple way of delivering media, along the lines of what Itunes did for the Ipod.
    Oh yeah, one more thing. Getting rid of that large, portruding antenna would make me buy one immediately, just so I could carry it more comfortably in the front pocket of my jeans . . .
    I'm not gonna run out and grab a 650 unless there's a low-cost (<$100) trade-in for my new Treo600.

I had a Palm Vx since 98 until it totally died a month ago. This is one reason why I buy a PDA instead of a cheap "organizer" or phone -- it can grow with you for quite awhile.

I guess I've grown out of the lifestyle of keeping up to the minute on the latest and baddest. ;> Nowadays I tend to wait and upgrade on bigger jumps.

BTW, I only hope the ferverish enthusiasm/loyalty displayed here will not spoil PalmOne. Criticism and complaints make better and cheaper products.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    I think I'm going to wait on this one. I don't have $500 bucks to throw around on a new phone every year. My 600 dosen't even have a scratch on it. besides I'm sort of looking at dell's new amix x30 pocket pc. I've always been a palm os guy, but that sucker is sweet.
    My upgrade from the Treo 300 cost me $150 if you count money made on ebay from selling the Treo 300. With a similar serial number based upgrade program it wouldn't cost you near $500.
    Quote Originally Posted by koche005
    When you think about the gain from the 270/300 to the 600, the 600 to Ace seems too small. Especially when you consider the need for all new accessories.

What might change things? Wi-Fi, would be good. Support for blackberry email servers (wasn't this a Q3/04 promise?). Maybe I'm just too happy with what I have.
    I couldn't agree more. There were large changes in the 300 to 600. New form factor, huge upgrade of the OS, MP3, camera, memory. The 650 seems to just have minor OS upgrade, resolution upgrade, add BT which I'd never use, and no memory or form factor. Still if it comes it at the right price I'd do it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast