View Poll Results: Are you buying the Treo 650?

Voters
361. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I want one, give me one NOW!!

242 67.04%
  • After it's release, I think I'll wait a few months to grab one.

74 20.50%
  • I'll just wait for my current cell phone to disintegrate before I get a new one.

38 10.53%
  • No, too much phone for me.

7 1.94%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'll be the first in line.
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I gotta say, that if none support EDGE, I will pick the Treo 650 over the BenQ P50, HTC MDA III and IV, SE P1000. The Moto MPx and Nokia 9500 don't even enter the field because I want a candybar formfactor so that I can use it with one hand.
    100th, alot of the devices you mentioned are gonna be a long time in coming. First of all the Benq P50 has only been shown once, under glass, at a conference earlier this year...and it was never even shown as a working prototype at that! It's the closest to the Treo in form factor and suppossedly has triwireless, WM2003SE and all the goodies, but imo is at this point the biggest vapoware of them all... The MDAIII looks great but it's uncertain if it will ever be sold in NA. Plus it will likely cost you a GRAND USD for your desires! The MDAIV is not going to be around for a very looooong time...way in the future late in 2005 imo. The MpX won't arrive until early 2005 if rumors are correct, but still won't have the Edge that you desperate seek! Plus, Moto better hope the fix that abysmal battery life!. Also, the SE P1000 is intriguing. If it will indeed be triwireless and higher rez screen with the P910 thumbboard design, then it will be a very cool device. But since the P910 is just about to be released, I don't think we'll see the P1000 for a while regardless of what someone saw on a laptop screen...

Anyway, there's alot of cool devices about to released soon and I'm glad there's something for Treo users to look forward too. However having said that, I still don't think there's any one device that has the perfect mix of features and design...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'll put my vote in after I read WeeBit's answers to all unanswered Treo 650 questions tomorrow afternoon.
    I'll definitely be getting the Treo 650, most likely even if no incentive plan is offered for upgrade (although I'm sure Sprint will drop $150 if I go in for another 2 years). Given how much I use the Treo, the high res screen and faster processor will make it worth it.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    I would love to upgrade to the t650! love to. can't say it enough. however my wife will absolutely NOT allow me to buy it only one year after an expensive upgrade.
    I am passing due to domestic situations only, and not by reason of dissatisfaction. I guess when ev-do is enabled on the nextgen treo, that's when I will upgrade next. so its going to be an exceptionally long wait for me.
    I want one!!!! Just hope there's a discount for present Treo owners from Palm and Sprint!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    I want one!!!! Just hope there's a discount for present Treo owners from Palm and Sprint!!
    ditto just not with sprint orange is who i am with
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I'd pay $399 for one today. As long as there's an upgrade program. If not, the 600 does everything I need. I don't *NEED* the 650, like I *NEEDED* the 600, coming from a 300. No upgrade program? I'll wait till next spring's offering.
    When it comes to Verizon, I'm there.
    It all depends upon what happens with the Daxian. Frankly, I'd rather have a PPC smartphone and if the Daxian comes out and looks great before the 650, I'll probably go with it. But if the Daxian is a dog or the 650 comes out first, I'll probably go with it and just continue to tote around two devices.
    Well, I don't think I'll be getting the 650. If it's at the same price point as the 600 is now, I won't even be able to afford it! I'm either gonna get the Treo 600 when it goes under the $200 mark (hopefully) or I'll get the low-end Treo that palmOne will be hopefully releasing.
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    the upgrade isn't that significant to splurge money on. BT and high res screen ugh. ok for BT but high res? it's a biz phone ultimately - not a Clie
    100% agree. Letīs face it: It could be a High end Phone... But always a Low end PDA
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Hi res screen is the clincher for me. Having good photo resolution makes some software programs I use even more effective. Its hard to show pictures of your product line on a low-res screen.
    I think I'm going to switch carriers to the best deal around when it comes out. If only one carrier has it when it comes out, I'm there!
    Much like my 6-week old 600, I won't get it as soon as it's available to the general pulic, but will wait until Verizon offers it and will probably get it soon after they make it available.

So that should be early 2006 or so.
    I voted to wait until my t6 dies. However, a good upgrade program might change that.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I have to wait till my T600 falls apart. Otherwise my wife would shoot me.

On the other hand, the T600 could have some sort of fatal accident...
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    It all depends upon what happens with the Daxian. Frankly, I'd rather have a PPC smartphone and if the Daxian comes out and looks great before the 650, I'll probably go with it. But if the Daxian is a dog or the 650 comes out first, I'll probably go with it and just continue to tote around two devices.

I was seriously thinking that too, until I found out the Daxian wouldn't have wifi like it's MDAIII cousin! Thus, if you take away the integrated wifi, the Ace will actually have a better screen, better cam, better form factor, and probably better battery than the CU928. Then also there's the h6100 which is supposed to have slider design with 1xrtt/1xEvDo(?) and wifi, but I dunno when if ever that will come out in the US...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I can't believe you folks! Why aren't you charging up San Juan Hill into withering fire to get your hands on the first Treo 650. So what if your significant other has threatened to terminate your life with extreme prejudice. This is GOT TO HAVE TECHNOLOGY (that is until they release the Treo 700, Motorola MPX300, Samsung i550.........) Get with the program.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    As sweet as this new Treo looks and they improved every minor complaint that I had with it when I had it, I think I'll hold off. Like some1 else said, I want to see if the quality control has improved (after going thru 3 Treo 600s I'm def in no hurry to buy the 1st one of the 650s).

That being said, I'll prolly get the Samsung i550. I've always loved flips and if the i550 has the VoiceSignal technology then it's no contest, since that's one feature that has to be on my next phone.

That and my girl prolly wouldn't let me spend that much money on a phone
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast