1.    #1  
    Is there one posted somewhere? I am trying to use the mp3's on my 600 as ringtones but i'm having trouble
    do a search.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  3.    #3  
    I have done a google search along with a search on this site. I am following the steps on the lightwav user guide but I still don't get the rings/mp3's to work
    Are you using the trial version or did you purchase it? Trial version limits you to mp3s that are < 1mb in size.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Biguniversal
    I have done a google search along with a search on this site. I am following the steps on the lightwav user guide but I still don't get the rings/mp3's to work
    you did a search here on this forum and you couldn't find an answer to the lightwav question? hmm... were you doing a search with your eyes closed? i am sorry but there are A TONNE of posts on lightwav in this forum.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  6.    #6  
    No I paid for the full version and of the "TONNE" of posts on this subject the majority of them were about how to transfer files onto the 600, not about how to get them to work as ringtones
    Here is what I did to get them to work:

1) Install all MP3's and WAV's to the SD card. It is best to create a directory on the SD card just for your ringtones. For example \Audio
    2) start LightWav
    3) Open menu path Options->Sound Prefs
    4) Choose "custom" for Alarm Sounds, Ringtone/Sounds and Coverup Sounds and point the locations to the directory you created in step #1.
    5) Open menu path Options->General Prefs
    6) Make sure you have at least the following enabled:
    - Enable LightWav
    - Re-enable after soft reset
    - Always use PocketTunes
    7) Configure your custom ringtones for each of your contacts/groups
    8) Don't forget to choose the "silent" ringtone for each generic alert (phone, mail, sms, etc...) that you find int he general treo preferences sound settings.

That should get you started. I would suggest reading the manual to get more familar with the features of LW though.

Jeff
    What is the trouble you are having exactly?
  9.    #9  
    Thank you for your help
    Thank you for your help
    You are welcome. Is everything working for you now?
    No I paid for the full version and of the "TONNE" of posts on this subject the majority of them were about how to transfer files onto the 600, not about how to get them to work as ringtones
    really? it's right here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=lightwav

don't think you looked hard enough
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You are welcome. Is everything working for you now?

Yeah...I'm hyped to use "Hells Bells" as my ringtone!!!
    thanks
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    really? it's right here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=lightwav

don't think you looked hard enough

Actually that's not true, I typed in "lightwav faq" in the search mode and came up with several threads, the one above not included.

And why the hell would I lie about doing a search anyway?!?!?! Nobody is that lazy