Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have heard from a friend of a friend who works at a Sprint store that it will be released in 2.5-3 weeks. I don't believe it, but that's what I heard. You may take it for what it's worth.
    That seems to be really soon without some kind of official announcement. However that would be most cool.
    I heard it was released *LAST* week, but it is only available through special corporate channels at sprint. Call 262.737.8891 and say "Alakazam" to Tom who answers the phone. He will forward you to someone working in a department called "The Chamber of Doom". Here you must give up your soul and your first born child along with your credit card number.

Mine is on it's way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    I heard it was released *LAST* week, but it is only available through special corporate channels at sprint. Call 262.737.8891 and say "Alakazam" to Tom who answers the phone. He will forward you to someone working in a department called "The Chamber of Doom". Here you must give up your soul and your first born child along with your credit card number.
    I tried... they told me to f*** off.

lol
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    Here you must give up your soul and your first born child along with your credit card number.
    I kind of like my first born child: do you think I can give my daughter instead?

Oops, I thought this was the "What would you do for a T650 now thread "
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
  6.    #6  
    You guys can joke all you wish, but that is indeed what I heard. As I said I don't believe it, but I'm not joking with you all. As I posted elsewhere, I ruined my 600 and was looking into getting it replaced.
    kurt - deliberately??
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
  8.    #8  
    No. I drove my golf cart over a ditch (by accident) and it flew out and onto the ground.
    kurt, it's quite clear that your treo heard about the new 650 and jumped out of the cart in despair!
  10.    #10  
    And now it's making me realize how important it is by making me go without it for a week (hopefully that's it and that it'll be repaired. Otherwise I may need to go with the new Blackberry phone I just got).
    I just called my local store (in SF) and said: "I'm interested in the Next Generation Treo, when will you be carrying it?"

The rep responded, "You mean the 650, we just got the InfoNet sheet on it last week, and its usually out about 4 to 6 weeks after that."

That's a pretty solid response in my book:

1. He volunteered the model number: 650
    2. He mentioned InfoNet: I've never heard of that before
    3. The timing sounds right: 4 to 6 weeks puts in beginning to mid - October
    Im not positive what all Infonet does either, but they say they deal with cell service and that sprint is one of their clients

http://www.infonet.com/images/pdf/st...nt_profile.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Im not positive what all Infonet does either, but they say they deal with cell service and that sprint is one of their clients

http://www.infonet.com/images/pdf/st...nt_profile.pdf
    I'm guessing that is not the infonet they were referring to...probably some sort of internal data sheets with the same name.

BTW, what store are you referring to MHR? P1 or a carrier?
    I just went to the t-mobile store and they never heard of it.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    I just went to the t-mobile store and they never heard of it.

Typical....
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Ok, I don't normally do this kind of thing, but this is crunch time. I am friends with a guy that manages a Sprint store. I just now called him up. He had heard nothing yet about the 650, but said he would do some snooping and let me know what he finds out. I let him know I wanted one and hes on the case for prices and release dates. I will let everybody know if and when he comes through with info.
    You guys get yours first. After you all post your complaints about the bugs and other flaws, I'll think about getting one. I only hope the ACE has the flaws inherrent to the 600 cured.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    1. He volunteered the model number: 650
    2. He mentioned InfoNet: I've never heard of that before
    3. The timing sounds right: 4 to 6 weeks puts in beginning to mid - October
    I just called the main sprint number, and asked about the "next generation treo." They reffered to it as the Treo 650 and gave a date of late November!!

Edit: Called back two more times. 2nd one didn't hear about it. Third did again, and also said that it's been on their "to release" list for about a month now and that originally it was a October release, but has been pushed back.
    Last edited by BryanRagon; 08/30/2004 at 03:38 PM.
    Actually, I dont have a 600 myself, still enjoying my 300. I am glad I waited, in part, because of the bugs and QC problems a lot of folks have dealt with. The 650, however, although it may have a few growing pains is not a totally new system like the 300/600 switch was. I feel comfortable that this release will go much better which is I am willing to jump in right away this time
    i'm another happy treo300 user for over 2years now. just had to replace my 300 under warranty so i have a nice new (refurb, but excellent) 300... we shall see
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast