Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had seen the pictures posted of the new treo and was walking in a mall when I saw this guy taking a picture with his treo. I recognised it immediately as it had a silver case but BLACK antenna. I approached him and he got very elusive. He looked like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He tried his best to shield the phone from me but after some persuasion he let me see it. Refused to let me touch it though!! Seems he works with a local mobile phone operater and was provided the phone on a trial basis.

Very nice screen and the dial pad looks alomost like the aqua interface. He would not commit to the actual date for release but said it would be out by the end of the year and as for pricing: well he said it should be the similar to the 600. I managed to hold him there for 2 minutes before he fled

So as far as we know the phones may be distributed or shipped soon. I live in Singapore and if they shipped a sample here they gotta be available elsewhere.

I can't wait.
    brilliant spotting my man!
    <a href="http://www.intarweb-master.blogspot.com"target="blank">My Blog</a>
    Nice. I think that 'Spacehog' who claimed to have seen one is from Asia (Singapore?) also, and as I believe in the teachings of the Dalai Lama ( ), I'd say why not...

Of course, somebody will probably assail you on the fact that you have just one post any minute now

Thanks for sharing though, and Good luck!
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    Which mall and which local carrier?
    Whether you believe spacehog, volkslove, me, or the Easter Bunny, it seemed very, very likely that Palm would have a replacement about now. I still haven't seen one, but I am anxiously awaiting the revelation....
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    The Treo 600 demo's were in testers hands 4-6 weeks before they were released.... I personally saw someone using one in the airport...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeeth
    Nice. I think that 'Spacehog' who claimed to have seen one is from Asia (Singapore?) also, and as I believe in the teachings of the Dalai Lama ( ), I'd say why not...

Of course, somebody will probably assail you on the fact that you have just one post any minute now

Thanks for sharing though, and Good luck!
    I know, but everyone has to start from some where and this just happens to be my first post here

This is my second PDS Phone. I was originally a faithful Nokia user but got fed up when they could never offer a phone with all thier technological improvements. They would include a new function in a phone that would not be inculded in a higher series version that would be released later.

My first purchase a a PDA phone was a Tungsten W. What A LEMON!!! It sucked so bad. I owned it for 2 months then changed to the Treo. I lost some money on the trade in but I am satisfied with the 600. Unbeliveable phone and PDA. In fact it has given me so little grief that I have no compliants and would rather just sit back and read forums than participate.

Well I guess I should stop being a freeloader and make a contibution hence my first post.

I just hope they take trade-ins for the 650
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Which mall and which local carrier?
    It was a mall in Singapore. Novena Square
    you should have bum rushed him and made off with it... :-)
    Then run away as fast as you can and post the details for all of us to see. Then send me it
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    you should have bum rushed him and made off with it... :-)
    Not my style.

What pissed me off was that he would not even let me touch the 650. When He did finally show me the phone it took some convincing for him to turn on the screen. Even then he would not scroll through the bloody screens. What a bad salesman I mean its not like he showing me the codes to arm nuclear bombs or something.
    So if he meant by the end of the year in singapore can we assume earlier in the states?
    first clear leaks in june with proven correct "rumours"

condensation of more confirmations of the specs

the floating of the upcoming different names

first spottings ...

production is in full swing, am confident thats in the shops in oct
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb
    first clear leaks in june with proven correct "rumours"

condensation of more confirmations of the specs

the floating of the upcoming different names

first spottings ...

production is in full swing, am confident thats in the shops in oct
    That's what I'm thinking(hoping)
    volks -

from a glance could u comment on form factor?

did it look about the same? noticeably smaller?

Re-live the moment!!! Do not forget the details!!!

Regards,
    dolo
    .:Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around:.
    So as far as we know the phones may be distributed or shipped soon. I live in Singapore and if they shipped a sample here they gotta be available elsewhere.

I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

why dont you call a local rep of reputation and ask with innocence about the assumed release date?

most certainly you'll get an answer -

but from official P1 side there will be silence. they'd like to empty their T600 stocks first.

ok volkslove, wanna give it a try for us?
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dolo
    volks -

from a glance could u comment on form factor?

did it look about the same? noticeably smaller?

Re-live the moment!!! Do not forget the details!!!

Regards,
    dolo
    The phone looked almost identical except for the small differences such as antenna and the buttons. But if one was not familiar with the treo from a distance they would not be able to tell them apart. The dimensions looked to be identical as well. The only thing was I could not tell the width as the person had his hand wrapped around it tightly. I can't confirm the weight either. I am confident that accressories such as cases (even the aluminium ones) and such will fit perfectly, the only problem would be the existing placement of some of the holes for the buttons and switches

The person was taking a picture with it and managed to view it when he turned on the screen. The 320 X 320 resolution was fantastic (identical to other PDAs with the same res) but to appreciate the 1.3 megapixel camera you would have to do that on a PC with a screen of higher resolution. My eyes were fixed on the high res screen and did not pay attention to the buttons much (regret that now). There was so little time with the phone before the guy walked away hastily. Can't blame him I guess I must have seemed psycopathic to him. It must have been his first time meeting a treo fanatic, bet he never knew someone could get so worked up over a phone

The guy was not familier with the treo and took him some time to figure out how to get to the dial pad. What a waste of a fantastic phone to be given to some guy how wouldn't even be able to test 20% of it full potential. My suggestion to Palm is if they want to conduct trails if future for next gen treo they should solicit the help of us. I am sure we would have tons more feedback on the features than that guy.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by beelzebueb

I can't wait.
    why dont you call a local rep of reputation and ask with innocence about the assumed release date?

most certainly you'll get an answer -

but from official P1 side there will be silence. they'd like to empty their T600 stocks first.

ok volkslove, wanna give it a try for us?[/QUOTE]
    I already have. The mobile service provider last weekend started giving "offers" for the Treo600. It was 1/2 price!!! I went to one of thier outlets and asked about the 650 and when it would be on sale. They were not saying anything except it would come out later this year. The only confirmed response got was "IF WE DO SELL THE TREO 650 THERE MAY BE TRADE-INS AVAILABLE FOR PDA PHONES." I asked them what they meant by "IF THEY SELL...??" they would not confirm if they would sell the 650, but they sure were dumping the 600s on the market.

After hearing that I politely informed the next two customers in line that the reason why they were getting such a deal was because they were gonna launch a new model soon. The sales person was not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by volkslove
    Can't blame him I guess I must have seemed psycopathic to him. It must have been his first time meeting a treo fanatic, bet he never knew someone could get so worked up over a phone
    lol, I have a visual.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    Hey, that's another topic: WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO GET YOUR HANDS ON A TREO650, NOW?!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast