Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quickster, when is the next version of Tracker do out? Can't wait to try the new features.

Stevo
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo4
    Quickster, when is the next version of Tracker do out? Can't wait to try the new features.

Stevo
    Well, I am almost finished with the multiple storm plotting and hopefully it should be out toward the end of the week.

The multiple storms was more difficult than I first thought. Of course, I have also been doing other things like adding the heading and speed pieces to the database and screen plus some other little things to improve the underlying structure of the application for further refinements and enhancements.

A lot if it I did just to get the app working and now I am fine tuning it so to speak.

Still do not have a good source for weather information across the great Internet as of yet. Couple of places wanted to charge me $1500 a month for a feed. Yikes!!!
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    that certainly seems a bit excessive. I'm sure there is someone out there that will see the light.

thanks, stevo
    Hi:

Haven't seen your posts here for a few days, and there are more storms coming this way. Please let us know how you're doing.

Thanks
    Josť

Palm IIIx -> m505 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFReyes
    Hi:

Haven't seen your posts here for a few days, and there are more storms coming this way. Please let us know how you're doing.

Thanks
    During my spare, spare time I have just about completed the new release. If things go well I will try and post it tonight.

Because I added direction and speed to the storm database existing storm databases will need to be converted. I have a converstion app that will be included with the new release.

The new release also has the ability to show four storms on the screen at one time and will be used mostly just to make comparisons of older storms.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quikster, this sounds awesome. I cant wait to get the new copy. Im starting to freak out with Jeanne now bearing down on me. Please get this to us before the power goes out so I can have something to do!
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    During my spare, spare time I have just about completed the new release. If things go well I will try and post it tonight.
    Could you post your latest Jeanne, Ivan, etc databases also? Thx.
  8.    #108  
    If you have been using Tracker 4.1 and have some storm databases saved on your Palm device and want to upgrade to the new version of Tracker 4.3 then you will need to run this version of Tracker first. It will update your databases when you select convert from the Main screen.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  9.    #109  
    This is the latest update to Tracker and is version 4.3.

There are many under the hood changes and I will finish the documentation tomorrow or at least this weekend. Some of these changes are not going to be readily visible but have been made now to make it easier if and when I find a good feed for weather information.

The main adds are being able to save heading and speed information for each track point, Being able to display four storms on one screen. This is under menu | data | Show Multiple Storms. Each storm can now save its own preferences for wind speed and barometric pressure. Added the import function but not sure I checked it with the new heading and speed information. Sigh...

There are two attachments to this post. ONE Is just version 4.3 of Tracker and the other is a zip file that contains all the updated databases of old and new storms, the convert program and Version 4.3 of Tracker.

If you are starting from scratch I would definitely make sure you get the zip file as it really has everything you need. Greg Marrs created most of the older databases and these are a great collection of some nasty storms.

I added Donna, circa 1960, as she was my first experience and then I have included Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne. All my data was up to date as of 11:00am this morning.

My web site will be update tomorrow with the latest version.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Waaah! Now My Tracker doesn't work right!

I downloaded your zip file and installed the tracker, a handful of the recent storms and the converter.

When i start the app, it gives me a window that says number of databases=5 with an ok button. If i click ok, it gives me a new screen with Day/time lat long wind, etc. at the top and nothing else except the convert button at lower left.

When i click convert, it starts to input data under the 'day/time, lat, long, etc. and then gives a new window that says "finished converting". Now, unfortunately, if i click the ok button it sits right on top of the convert button underneath and starts the convert action again.

Finally i got it to stop, but now where is my map, and stuff like before?

Help?

Stevo
    Great...thanks for the update and the databases!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo4
    Waaah! Now My Tracker doesn't work right!

I downloaded your zip file and installed the tracker, a handful of the recent storms and the converter.

When i start the app, it gives me a window that says number of databases=5 with an ok button. If i click ok, it gives me a new screen with Day/time lat long wind, etc. at the top and nothing else except the convert button at lower left.

When i click convert, it starts to input data under the 'day/time, lat, long, etc. and then gives a new window that says "finished converting". Now, unfortunately, if i click the ok button it sits right on top of the convert button underneath and starts the convert action again.

Finally i got it to stop, but now where is my map, and stuff like before?

Help?

Stevo
    After looking at my own directions I realized there was a point or two I totally left out. My Bad...

After you load the tracker convert program and perform the convert process, you then need to install the updated tracker program. It does no good to load them both at once because I used my same CreatorID and actually only one of them will show up at once. The convert icon is purple and green and the regular Tracker icon is now purple.

I did this for two reasons:
    1) I did not want to create another CreatorID and app just for the conversion process and 2) for me I was being sort of lazy because my framework was already in place.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quickster:

I realize this may be a bad time on account of Hurricane Jeanne being at your doorstep -- I have family in the West Palm Beach area also -- so please look into it whenever you can.

I installed Tracker 4.3 (just the .prc file, and had no storm databases entered) and as soon as I tapped the icon, it soft-reset my T600. The error log reads:

A reset was caused at (date/time stamp) while running "Tracker".
    MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3725, Nil Ptr

Thank you and good luck.

Regards,
    Last edited by JFReyes; 09/25/2004 at 02:45 PM.
    Josť

Jose,

I had the same problem during my initial install. I deleted everything and then reinstalled Tracker 4.3. I was able to install the application and additional databases. It worked fine after that.
    Last edited by cash70; 09/25/2004 at 03:27 PM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Exactly... If you delete your older storm track databases (either using an older version of Tracker, or with FileZ) and then load in the new databases from the zip file, all should be right again.

It was here at least.
  16.    #116  
    I made a minor update to the previous version with a little house icon showing a home location that can be enabled to be displayed from the preferences page. On the preferences page when you enable the "show your home location on the map" you will see the default location for Orlando. Change this data for your place and then click ok. When you display any maps now you will see your home location. Just thought it was a good reference for us folks in the path of these storms.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by JFReyes
    Quickster:

I realize this may be a bad time on account of Hurricane Jeanne being at your doorstep -- I have family in the West Palm Beach area also -- so please look into it whenever you can.

I installed Tracker 4.3 (just the .prc file, and had no storm databases entered) and as soon as I tapped the icon, it soft-reset my T600. The error log reads:

A reset was caused at (date/time stamp) while running "Tracker".
    MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3725, Nil Ptr

Thank you and good luck.

Regards,
    Okay, not sure what is happening but will look into it. As long as my laptop battery stays charged before any power failures, if that happens, I should be able to fix any problems. Seems that I have time when it is doing nothing but raining and blowing outside.

Everyone stay safe and let me know how update 4.4 works for you. My wife and I thought it was a good idea being that Miss Mean Jeanne was wandering around all over the place. Aargh!!!
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  18.    #118  
    Make sure you check your preferences again when you load version 4.4 as they changed when I added the home location.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Oh, and quickster, were you going to add the names of the islands at some point? I know you've been busy.

thanks,
    stevo
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    Jose,

I had the same problem during my initial install. I deleted everything and then reinstalled Tracker 4.3. I was able to install the application and additional databases. It worked fine after that.
    I thought I had no databases, but there remained the one for Hurricane Jeanne way back when it was Tropical Depression 11 (it hit us as a tropical storm the week before last). I erased it with FileZ, and everything is working now.

Thanks cash70, and also thanks to jaytee.
    Josť

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast