A Storm Called: Frances
    Date: 9/7/04
    5,17:00,8/30/04,19.5,19.5,125,948,,
    5,23:00,8/30/04,19.7,19.7,125,945,,
    6,5:00,8/31/04,19.9,19.9,125,949,,
    6,11:00,8/31/04,20.0,20.0,135,950,,
    6,17:00,8/31/04,20.5,20.5,140,939,,
    6,23:00,8/31/04,20.8,20.8,140,939,,

If you'll notice that your Long. data column is being populated with Lat. numbers.

Thanks

Greg
    Houston, Texas
    Getting that fixed this evening.

Also working on improving the accuracy in the zoomed page as well as the normal view.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcBody
    The Quickster - How much fun can you take?

Did you ask Joe Bastardi of AccuWeather's Hurricane Center?

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/adc...er=accuweather

AccuWeather may have a $incere %nterest.

or

They may recommend a Penn State grad student w/grant funding.

~ Carl aka ArcBody
    I have followed your advice and already been in contact with the good folks at AccuWeather.

Thanks for the information, Mr. ArcBody.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMarrs
    I have a suggestion, offer this program in a shareware environment, as I would buy two copies, one for my Treo 600, and one for my Sony Clie T688C.

Also, Ivan is now at 59.4 at 8am EST Tuesday Sept. 7, 2004, one more reading should put it on the Tracker Map.

Excellence Program

Greg

Houston, Texas
    Greg, thanks for the offer to buy but I am sort of into just giving my software away and letting Users make a donation on my Web site, www.thequickster.com, if they think the application is worth something to them.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I look at your instructions and cannot make this program work. how about following your own instructions EXACTLY and fill in for me please.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    I look at your instructions and cannot make this program work. how about following your own instructions EXACTLY and fill in for me please.
    I am not quite sure where you are having a problem. I have followed my instructions and everything was okay.

Did you load up one of the hurricane databases and take a look at the data?
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  6.    #66  
    I corrected the little mistake in the exporting of data and also greatly improved the tracking resolution on both the 1x map and the 2x map. The plots are now much, much smoother.

Still in negotiations with AccuWeather. They may want to license Tracker for their use. Time will tell as Ivan moves slowly toward my state.

Aargh!!! And I just got my roof repaired from Frances ripping off one of my peak roof vents.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quickster,

Thanks again for the due dilligence to make this handy app great.

ok. Now after the kissassing,...

Another request,

Is it possible to have the name of each island, etc. listed on the exploded map? The NOAA emails mention a bunch of the small islands that are under various watches, etc. but i have no real knowledge of that part of the world and it would be great to click on your map and see the name "barbados" next to the corresponding island.

Thanks,

Stevo
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo4
    Quickster,

Thanks again for the due dilligence to make this handy app great.

ok. Now after the kissassing,...

Another request,

Is it possible to have the name of each island, etc. listed on the exploded map? The NOAA emails mention a bunch of the small islands that are under various watches, etc. but i have no real knowledge of that part of the world and it would be great to click on your map and see the name "barbados" next to the corresponding island.

Thanks,

Stevo
    Well, not saying anything personally, but I am also sort of geography challenged and that would be pretty darn handy as I am always wondering where the heck is that island.

So, other than getting some code completed to do an actual RSS/XML feed integrated into Tracker, I will try and find some time to add another layer to the map.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfscars48
    Did you ever get Tracker figured out? If not, send me an eMail as to where you are having difficulty and I will try and help.

cquick2@earthlink.net
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings Quickster. I hope you and yours are safe following Frances and Charley.

Thank you for a great application and for once again adding to the Treo 600 experience. As a fellow Floridian (down in Miami), I can tell you using the NOAA mobile website in combination with Tracker is great. It's also nice to pull the Treo 600 out at Home Depot for the latest advisory and see the maps.

I know this was asked in an earlier post, but may have fallen off the "radar" (no-pun intended), but will the "Direction of Movement" and "Speed of Movement" fields be added in a future release?

Also, for quick coordinates of the storm, wunderground has them posted in an easy format to read which goes along with the input sequence of Tracker. I know you're in talks with Accuweather (they're great too), but these coordinates are the same format as those needed for Tracker...super easy (http://www.wunderground.com/tropical...409.track.html).

Just trying to help those who are having trouble finding the coords from NOAA.

Again, many thanks and keep safe. Ivan is looking more like Charley than Frances today (as of the 1100 advisory on 8 Sep 2004).

Cheers,
    -Zero
    PS: Donation on the way. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by 7zero; 09/08/2004 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Include coordinate information.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by 7zero
    Greetings Quickster. I hope you and yours are safe following Frances and Charley.

Thank you for a great application and for once again adding to the Treo 600 experience. As a fellow Floridian (down in Miami), I can tell you using the NOAA mobile website in combination with Tracker is great. It's also nice to pull the Treo 600 out at Home Depot for the latest advisory and see the maps.

I know this was asked in an earlier post, but may have fallen off the "radar" (no-pun intended), but will the "Direction of Movement" and "Speed of Movement" fields be added in a future release?

Cheers,
    -Zero
    PS: Donation on the way. Keep up the good work.
    Those two items have not been dropped or forgotten. Well, maybe they did slip my mind for a few hours this past weekend. However, I will work on adding a movement direction and movement speed into the data and table.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Did you ever get Tracker figured out? If not, send me an eMail as to where you are having difficulty and I will try and help.

cquick2@earthlink.net
    Are the Tracker instructions published online? If so, where? Thanks
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings joelf44.

Indeed, there are instructions in Post #1 of this thread. I'm not sure if they're posted some place else, but those should get you started.

Enjoy,
    -Zero
    Thanks. Do we have to wait for Trackster to post a file to track Ivan? What is typed in next to day. I tried the first letter of each day but that did not work.
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by joelf44
    Thanks. Do we have to wait for Trackster to post a file to track Ivan? What is typed in next to day. I tried the first letter of each day but that did not work.
    Naw, you do not have to wait but I will give you a head start and post the tracks I have currently recorded.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Thanks, It's not easy when one is interested in technology and is, at the same time, technologically challenged.
    OMG,

7Zero gave me a great idea (and subsequently, more work for you!) in his recent post.

It would be really great if we could, Get ready for it... OVERLAY maps of different storms we have been tracking. This way we could actually see how the path that Charley took, compares to what Ivan is taking.

I think that would be really cool. Have no idea how much work that would take but it could be insightful.

Thanks, Stevo
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo4
    OMG,

7Zero gave me a great idea (and subsequently, more work for you!) in his recent post.

It would be really great if we could, Get ready for it... OVERLAY maps of different storms we have been tracking. This way we could actually see how the path that Charley took, compares to what Ivan is taking.

I think that would be really cool. Have no idea how much work that would take but it could be insightful.

Thanks, Stevo
    This was actually suggested in a way early post and now that I have the app pretty stable and improved the resolution I have been tinkering around with showing more that one plot at a time. Not sure how it will finally work out but we shall see.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Hello Quickster

I tried to import the following

A Storm Called: Galveston-00
    4,23:00,08/30/00,17.1,60.5,52,000,,
    5,05:00,08/31/00,17.2,62.0,52,000,,
    5,11:00,08/31/00,17.4,63.5,52,000,,
    5,17:00,08/31/00,17.5,64.7,52,000,,
    5,23:00,08/31/00,17.6,65.7,52,000,,
    6,05:00,09/01/00,17.8,66.8,52,000,,
    6,11:00,09/01/00,17.9,67.8,52,000,,
    6,17:00,09/01/00,18.1,68.8,52,000,,

from a memo file, but nothing happens , I have no records in "Galveston-00", is the import function not functional, or am I doing something wrong.
    Thanks

Greg
    Houston, Texas
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregMarrs
    Hello Quickster

I tried to import the following

A Storm Called: Galveston-00
    4,23:00,08/30/00,17.1,60.5,52,000,,
    5,05:00,08/31/00,17.2,62.0,52,000,,
    5,11:00,08/31/00,17.4,63.5,52,000,,
    5,17:00,08/31/00,17.5,64.7,52,000,,
    5,23:00,08/31/00,17.6,65.7,52,000,,
    6,05:00,09/01/00,17.8,66.8,52,000,,
    6,11:00,09/01/00,17.9,67.8,52,000,,
    6,17:00,09/01/00,18.1,68.8,52,000,,

from a memo file, but nothing happens , I have no records in "Galveston-00", is the import function not functional, or am I doing something wrong.
    Thanks

Greg
    Houston, Texas
    I think that if you were to look further up in the posts I mentioned I had not yet finished the import function. Getting close but this real work stuff is just getting in the way of what I prefer doing.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast