Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Great...thanks for the update! Will try it out right away.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Welcome to the first major update of my hurricane tracking application called Tracker.

... snip ...

Changed the wind speed to where it is only entered and displayed in miles per hours (MPH) since we here in the United States are pretty much familiar with miles per hour and besides that, all the weather feeds I have found give the speed in MPH.

After you have entered a valid wind speed and then move to another field the category type of the storm is calculated dependent solely upon the wind speed since wind speed appears to be the big determining factor.

... snip ...

ackkkk NOOOO!!!! As a tried and true hurricane watcher/tracker and meteorologist, I prefer kts for hurricanes! Can add that choice back in? If not, I'll convert my wind speeds back to mph anyway, as the app is cool enough anyway.

P.S. The National Hurricane Center forecast and advisory email feed gives the hurricane info in kts. That's the second choice down, instead of the default first one down.
  3.    #23  
    Whoops, I found a mistake in assigning the correct color to the category and fixed it and updated all the files and have include them here.

Will remove the other set so no one gets confused.

As well, I just updated the Frances database with the latest information from NOAA.
    Last edited by quickster; 09/01/2004 at 07:08 PM.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    ackkkk NOOOO!!!! As a tried and true hurricane watcher/tracker and meteorologist, I prefer kts for hurricanes! Can add that choice back in? If not, I'll convert my wind speeds back to mph anyway, as the app is cool enough anyway.

P.S. The National Hurricane Center forecast and advisory email feed gives the hurricane info in kts. That's the second choice down, instead of the default first one down.
    Whoops again. Okay, I will add that preference back in. Sorry about that as I had not seen that information coming across in knots. However, it may be later today before I can get it back in as I am trying to concentrate on the import function for what it's worth.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    no problem... take your time I'm enjoying the app tremendously anyway... and trying to get my kids excited about tracking too.
    Not sure what I might have done wrong, but I get a crash/reset upon launching this new version of Tracker... A ##377 on my phone yields the following:

'A reset was caused on 9/1/04 at 12:34 pm while running "Tracker": Fatal Exception'
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd_cooke
    Not sure what I might have done wrong, but I get a crash/reset upon launching this new version of Tracker... A ##377 on my phone yields the following:

'A reset was caused on 9/1/04 at 12:34 pm while running "Tracker": Fatal Exception'

Ditto for me!!!

Frank
  8.    #28  

Well, that is the first such report of any crash at all and I cannot make it crash on either of my Treos or the sumulator or any of my other nine Palm devices I have handy.

So, with out some additional info I am at a loss as to what to do.

Not that you should need to but did you remove the app and then do a fresh install with the new databases or perhpas no database at all?
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Ditto for me!!!

Frank
    I am wondering if it might not be the Frances database. Unload her and give it a try and see what happens.

I will also check out her file in just a few and see if she is already misbehaving...
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Tried deleting everything with Uninstall and re-installed but did not help but when I deleted only the Charley.pdb database everthing appears to work. Then re-added Charley and all works!!! So something is wrong when the prc and two pdb files are all installed on same hot-sync.

Frank
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Tried deleting everything with Uninstall and re-installed but did not help but when I deleted only the Charley.pdb database everthing appears to work. Then re-added Charley and all works!!! So something is wrong when the prc and two pdb files are all installed on same hot-sync.

Frank
    So maybe it is not Frances but the remenants of Charley. I will rebuild his database and then try doing a load of all three and see what happens. Actually, I'll try your original idea of loading them all at once and see what happens first. Then I'll try it the other way.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  12.    #32  
    Okay, I just discovered that the creation date for the Charley database somehow became corrupted and shows up as Sept 28, 2004. Have no clue as to how that happened but will make the correction and get it reposted.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
  13.    #33  
    Okay, the Charley database was corrupt and I rebuilt it and have posted it but I think it may also be a problem with loading more than one database initially. I am pretty sure I know where the problem is and will get that straightened out later.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Great!! Works fine for me!! Thanks for doing this.

Frank
    FWIW, I can get this to work if I follow this plan:

1. Delete all pdb and Tracker
    2. Install Tracket and Frances
    3. Launch Tracker
    4. Install Charley
    5. Launch Tracker and select Charley...

loading all three and launching Tracker still yields a crash.
  16.    #36  
    FWIW, I can get this to work if I follow this plan:

1. Delete all pdb and Tracker
    2. Install Tracket and Frances
    3. Launch Tracker
    4. Install Charley
    5. Launch Tracker and select Charley...

loading all three and launching Tracker still yields a crash.
    Well, for some reason I never envisioned loading up a bunch of databases at once and starting the application. However, I know where the problem is and in the middle of correcting it as I type this post. Well, sort of in the middle of fixing it but of course I did have to stop to type this so gotta go now and make that correction.
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    Quote Originally Posted by quickster
    Well, for some reason I never envisioned loading up a bunch of databases at once and starting the application. However, I know where the problem is and in the middle of correcting it as I type this post. Well, sort of in the middle of fixing it but of course I did have to stop to type this so gotta go now and make that correction.
    On a related note, it would be way cool to plot multiple databases (in different colors) on the same map
  18.    #38  
    Okay, I corrected the problem with loading multiple databases when you also initially load the application.

Added back in a separate preference for using knots as the wind speed.

Corrected the sort function so each time you select a new storm the list is displayed alphabetically.

Again, after you install this update check your preferences.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The Quickster
    "I'm your Huckleberry!"
    I think it would be pretty cool to have a "zoom" function to the map.

Just my .02.........keep the change
    hey quickster,wont let me dwnload prc or zip file directly to treo, I even have handzipper... help!j
    fellow floridian
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast