Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    as sanjay pointed out, the number keys on the treo ace SHOULD be colored differently, just as they are on the treo 600.

doesnt make sense leaving everything one color. make them tactilely different as well so to make dialing from the keyboard easier as well.

and having them light up as a different color when backlit would be a fantastic new update as well.

when backlit, you would see blue number keys with remaining keys colored light green. that would be very stunning in my opinion. is there still time for palmone to make these minor changes?
    you are absolutely correct.

and yes, it is too late to change it
    Palm f-ed up again. it is so obvious that it was done properly on the 650, and they blew it. tards.

This is not a Treo 650.

It is the Tungsten 650.
    I mean to say done properly on the 600
    after having the grey Sprint 600 since last year, I had to get a silver Verizon one (yes, I know - tough). I will say that I find the blue numbered buttons harder to instantly recognize or know the letter on the key. At least - it seems harder to snap the letters on those keys into my brain than it was for those same keys on the Sprint colored thumboard. I've only had the silver one since Friday, but, after that initial comparison, I think I'm actually looking forward to the keys as they're presented on the 650. I would suggest that we all hold opinion until we see the actual unit - it might surprise us. Many folks were initially doubtful of the size of the keys on the thumboard until they used it - this may be a similar matter. Maybe.
    While I don't doubt the authenticity of the photos we've seen, I'm not convinced we've seen the finishing touches on the production model. The ostensibly photoshopped picture on the Sprint's PowerPoint slide had colored number keys. Obviously, the newer photos have more credibility, but since there's no advantage to eliminating the coloring, I think there's a better than even chance that the 650's that hit the market will have colored keys.
    nrosser:

You posted while I was composing. Since I have the carbon Sprint version, which has black lettering/numbering on silver number keys (and white lettering on black alpha keys), I just assumed Verizon would've put while lettering/numbering on the blue keys.

Guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    ....The ostensibly photoshopped picture on the Sprint's PowerPoint slide ...
    I don't believe this was a "photoshoped" picture...it looks very much like an image extracted from a CAD design system...most products today are designed in 3D CAD systems...and they are all capable of images like that.
    No doubt it was a mock-up from Solidworks, Vectorworks, etc.; but saying "the ostensibly solidworked picture" just sounds awkward, so I used "photoshopped" as a generic verb for "mocked-up." In hindsight I should've used the latter.
    I could go either way on the color issue. I think that coloring was useful for the first 10 minutes that I used the phone, but not sense. Then again 98% of my calls are to my contacts so I set up my phone to just switch to contact mode on any keyboard press and if I want to dial numbers, I use the screen with my finger surely inflicting irrecoverable damage on my Treo.

All that said, I really liked the smart dialing of the Treo 300. I think we need to get that back.
    I really like having the number keys a different color. But has anyone confirmed that the final release will not have separate color buttons? I don't know if this is a photoshop of the keys themselves, but MagicMtnDan has a pic that has different color number buttons. Obviously the pic has been photoshopped but I don't know about the keys themselves.

http://www.treoace.com/index.2.jpg
    Last edited by letsgoflyers81; 08/30/2004 at 02:10 PM.
    letsgoflyers,

that is PERFECT! I would love to see that keyboard on the treo 650. nice job, by the way.
    Thanks, but I didn't do it, lol. MagicMtnDan posted that pic in this thread. I just don't know if he photoshopped the numeric buttons to be a different color or if the image he used already had them a different color.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    letsgoflyers,

that is PERFECT! I would love to see that keyboard on the treo 650. nice job, by the way.
    You do know you have a picture like that as your avatar .

That would be nice though...it would probably be reimplimented on the next Treo if it isn't on the 650 .
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edeab220
    You do know you have a picture like that as your avatar .

That would be nice though...it would probably be reimplimented on the next Treo if it isn't on the 650 .
    seeing the largescreen view of that design is that much more striking than any avatar would illustrate.
    letsgo:

That's the photoshopped/sol