1.    #1  
    I'm sorry to use forum time on a question which seems so obvious, but after a bit of searching I am stumped. Here it is: Is there an email app for the Treo600, which handles IMAP, and which also lets you sync your email through the normal desktop hotsync?

I know snappermail, versamail, etc.. can do it all over GPRS. But I'm stuck with Orange UK, whose GPRS rates are too expensive. I'd think this is a common need. Everyone else in the UK is in the same boat, since the other networks are just as bad. And anyway, I'd guess most people doing email on the treo want it for clearing out old messages in odd moments here and there, so I'd imagine I'm not the only one with this need.

If it matters, I'm running Mozilla Thunderbird as the email client on my hotsync desktop.

Much obliged!
    alexis
    Last edited by alexis_gallaghe; 09/06/2004 at 07:44 AM. Reason: misleading title, missing words in body.
    Chatter can do that. If you don't want the "push" feature (i.e. staying online, which can be costly without an unlimited plan), you can choose how often to sync your accounts. The full download is at http://www.chatteremail.com/Downloads/ChatterEmail.zip.

There's also a board here at TC dedicated to Chatter Email...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Marc
    Oopsie. I think I misunderstood... You need GPRS to use Chatter, but you can have it come online/offline automatically as needed...

Marc
    You may wish to try Agendus Mail by Iambic. It does Pop3, Imap and has a desktop mail conduit. Find it at www.Iambic.com.
    SnapperMail works pretty well for offline use. POP3 and IMAP folders have optional 'server icons' which allow you to tag actions to messages for the next sync. e.g. you can mark particular messages to download more, delete off server, etc... they all get processed at the next mail drop.
    Will Lau

www.snappermail.com

A Killer Email Client for Palm OS Smartphones, now available...
    Versamail has a desktop sync conduit that will download imap mail and sync it to your treo. I wish all the other mail clients had that. Fastest way to do it.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by snapperfish
    SnapperMail works pretty well for offline use. POP3 and IMAP folders have optional 'server icons' which allow you to tag actions to messages for the next sync. e.g. you can mark particular messages to download more, delete off server, etc... they all get processed at the next mail drop.
    Thanks for the note regarding SnapperMail, but I'm still not sure I understand what it does. You can read/write mail when you're disconnected, but can you synch it through a hotsync instead of through GPRS?

alexis
    Quote Originally Posted by alexis_gallaghe
    Thanks for the note regarding SnapperMail, but I'm still not sure I understand what it does. You can read/write mail when you're disconnected, but can you synch it through a hotsync instead of through GPRS?

alexis

no hotsyncing.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.