Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I've wanted a GPS device ever since I 've owned a palm product (Prism/visorphone) but now I'm wondering if the GPS device will work on both the 600 and Ace.
    There is no reason to assume that it won't unless the OS has been changed drastically. Assuming that it's still OS5.X (assume OS5.4) then it will probably work but then you'll have to worry about the connection. The ACE/650 appears to have a different connector ( I suspect it's the Palm Universal Connector) on the bottom. If your using an SD slot GPS designed unit then it should be ok.

Bluetooth GPS units should also work however all 3 different styles may and probably will requre some updated drivers out of the box. So when the drivers are updated by the manufacturer then you'll know for certain but I suspect that most will work right out of the box since the Palm OS is pretty much the same across the various platforms.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I'm using a Bluetooth GPS with my 650 and it works perfectly. No drivers are needed for a Bluetooth unit. Remember if you use an SD GPS to get one with extra memory built in because you must store your maps on an SD card.
    www.gpspassion.com
    Associate Writer, PalmAddict
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Check this thread - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=65724

TomTom is one of the killer applications for the Treo 650. It is great!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I use Blue Logger from Delorme with Street Atlas. The GPS works great and the software is okay. But, from everything I have read, TomTom software is probably much better.
    I use mapopolis with a bluetooth holux 231 on my treo 650 and it's terriffic.
    pilottreo1