Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Jim - did you try pocketTunes? I'm very curious to see if MP3s will play.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo1
    I have the new HP Ipaq Headphones, they pair well with the treo650, but what program will send music through bluetooth??
    Please try PocketTunes for us...if that works then the HP Bluetooth Headphones would be MONEY!
    Shop smart, shop "S" Mart.
    I was looking into the same and wasn't happy that I could only find $200 headsets. A little searching turned up the XTERASYS line of Bluetooth headsets BSH-201, 202 and 203. They are as limited as the Bluetake, but...the BSH-202 which is a folding verison is available for $109 (PCMicroStore) to $115 (Newegg). XTERASYS also has the BSR202 bluetooth audio receiver. While also limited to BT 1.2 it allows you to plug any wired headset into the receiver including those with built in mikes. Hopefully someone soon will either develop a workaround for A2DP on the TREO or Palm will upgrade to BT 1.2.
    So does the Treo 650 work with the HP Bluetooth Headphones at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I found this. Looks & sounds good, but check out the price!
    Check out the note on that page:

works on "Any phone enabled with Bluetooth v1.1 or higher - except where the phone and MP3 player are on the same device (e.g. Treo 650)"
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Check out the note on that page:

works on "Any phone enabled with Bluetooth v1.1 or higher - except where the phone and MP3 player are on the same device (e.g. Treo 650)"
    I've been struggling for one week trying to pair Treo 650 and Bluetake BT420EX iPhono.
    Treo650 keeps listing iPhono as AUDIO device

Has anyone succeed in using BT420EX as headset?
    I use it all the time.

I had to apply the BT carkit update (this was before the Cingular VM update) for the pairing to work.

Use 0000 as the password when the devices discover each other. Note: This is to pair BT420 with Treo to make the BT420 function as handsfree headset for telephone calls.

For stereo audio, pair the dongle and the headset. Then plug-in the dongle to the audio jack of ANY device.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    So as things stand right now, you can pair the BT420 to a Treo 650 to use for phone calls, but the only way to use it to listen to music is to use the dongle. And this will not probably not change until Palmone updates the 650 to use Bluetooth 1.2 (if that ever happens). But even then, it may not work without the dongle, as the compatibility screen on their website says that the headphones won't work if mp3 and phone are coming from the same device. Correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    That very idea is the bases of my Senior design project for Northeastern Univ. It was originaly going to be used for the T600 with a bluetooth adaptor but I am not going to make it also a stand alone Bluetooth headset.

you'll be able to answer with a button as well as voice dial once the software is released. And my goal is to get 8 hrs of mp3 playback or talk time. enough for one day.
    How are things going with this project? I'm currently looking for a generic BT1.2 headset that uses some sort of standard plugs to be used in a headset for my motorcycle. Paired with my onboard intercom/bike-2-bike communication hardware. If I wanted to create such a device (a dongle that can be paired with bluetooth stereo headset that got standard connectors, not USB or otherwise computer specific), how hard would that be?
    The BT stereo headsets I've seen so far doesn't allow you to connect the dongle to a microphone input, just the stereo output...

Any answer would be appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I use it all the time.

I had to apply the BT carkit update (this was before the Cingular VM update) for the pairing to work.

Use 0000 as the password when the devices discover each other. Note: This is to pair BT420 with Treo to make the BT420 function as handsfree headset for telephone calls.

For stereo audio, pair the dongle and the headset. Then plug-in the dongle to the audio jack of ANY device.
    I know this is a rather old thread but I'm hoping that aprasad or someone else can confirm this before I purchase the BT420EX. In retrospect, are you glad you choose this model (besides the limitations of the Treo on stereo BT)?

I can live with needing the dongle for playing PTunes (it would actually save the Treo's battery life anyway while playing long podcasts or music). Obviously I'd love to be dongle-free so I can jog with these but at least I can sit at home or go on a treadmill assuming they stay on pretty good. The i-PHONO pouch will even work well as a way to carry the treo and headphones together which has always been my grip with most bluetooth headsets (needing another spot on my belt).

My concern is whether the pairing for telephone calls really works well with the 650 (personally mine is unbranded and patched). This is a make or break on a purchase...
  11.    #31  
    I cannot believe that there is not a Bluetooth Stereo Headset that will work with the T650 out yet. I don't want to use a dongle (that defeats the whole purpose). Any new work arounds or hacks been figured out yet?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Blame the Treo, not the BT headphones.

Treo doesn't support the A2DP stack in it's BT implementation (although I read that the Broadcom chipset used in there does .. Palm didn't licence it from them). A2DP is required for stereo BT headphones support.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    I cannot believe that there is not a Bluetooth Stereo Headset that will work with the T650 out yet. I don't want to use a dongle (that defeats the whole purpose). Any new work arounds or hacks been figured out yet?
    I know this isn't what you're looking for, but I was able to get streaming audio over bluetooth with the following:
    Jabra A210 (http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/...A210/JabraA210),
    and a 3.5 mm male to 2.5 mm female adapter,
    Seidio InnoDock Cradle (http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CRSIDPATR650),
    Zonet ZUB8100 (http://www.zonetusa.com/DispProduct.asp?ProductID=163).

But somehow I messed up the bluetooth drivers on the headphones and I can't get them to pair with the A210 anymore. I sent an email to Zonet, but they have not responded.
  14.    #34  
    Blame the Treo, not the BT headphones.

Treo doesn't support the A2DP stack in it's BT implementation (although I read that the Broadcom chipset used in there does .. Palm didn't licence it from them). A2DP is required for stereo BT headphones support.
    Is this something Palm could upgrade the firmware to include? If so, let's put pressure on them to do so.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Won't happen. They are (hopefully) working on including this in their next model.. and fixing the bugs in the current ones!!!

Stereo wireless music is a feature that'll make me upgrade to the next Treo (PalmOS).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  16.    #36  
    Stereo wireless music is a feature that'll make me upgrade to the next Treo (PalmOS).
    Unfortunately, me too.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    You know, I'm not really sure what features would make me upgrade. This would be high on my list but I'd vote for a higher quality back speaker first. I find that many times I'm in places that I can just listen to podcasts/music with headphones (car, outside by the pool, living room). Of course wireless stereo phones will be perfect for running....
    **delete me!**
    Are there any BT stero headphones out there to use even if the firmware was changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norrin Radd
    Are there any BT stero headphones out there to use even if the firmware was changed?
    I have http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm
    There are a couple more that I see mentioned here ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast