1.    #1  
    So the new Treo looks nice... nothing that blows me away for an update that took a full year to develop (in electronics pace, that's REAL slow!)... just nice. Now, the big WOW factor for me could be the form factor. Does anyone out there have any more details on the size of the new Treo 650? How it feels in the hand versus the 600? It looks a bit thinner (less wide) than the 600, or is that just me? IS IT, in fact, SMALLER? Any more pictures of the Treo that answer this question would be greatly appreciated. That's really the last thing I'm dying to know about it.

Some others have tried making assumptions from the pictures, but I'm not sure those can answer our questions. For anything it's worth, my opinion is: I wish it were a bit smaller (and better yet, a bit lighter!). Anyone agree?
    Making it a little thinner would be nice. That way it could fit in my jean's pockets.
    I would be willing for T650 to be as big (or bigger) than T600 if it would make for a bigger screen size. 320x320 is great but it still needs to have a good screen size. Thinner would be a definite plus, though, as I also keep mine in a front pocket. Don't think it is thinner, though, judging from the photos.
    Looks just about the same size to me. There've been a few mentions of the new Treo being "smaller" here at TC and elsewhere, but that's probably wishful thinking. Even if loses a couple of millimeters here and there, it will probably gain weight rather than lose it.

I hope I'm wrong, of course. Even if it had just been a matter of eliminating the external antenna (or at least making a smaller, retractable one), I would've been happy.
    I can guarentee that it will be smaller and much lighter!

Just take out the battery!
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Making it a little thinner would be nice. That way it could fit in my jean's pockets.
    The 600 fits fine in my jeans, maybe you need a pair of baggy fit jeans
    maybe there is already too much in your pants
    I don't think a whole year is a long time if you count a merger of Handspring and the separation of Palm into hardware and OS components. I'm betting that a lot of time was spent on just consolidating the bundled apps (and porting them over to the new Treo). In general though a year between generations isn't too long. Some say this release might not be a new generation, but at least it's not something like a release of a camera-less version.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazinvan
    The 600 fits fine in my jeans, maybe you need a pair of baggy fit jeans
    Perhaps i do ;-)

Although I find that when I stand upright, it's not a problem. But when I bend my legs to sit down that's when I feel the stress on the treo. I carry my treo in the vaja i-volution case and slip it in my pocket with the screen facing inward and I'm worried I might damage the screen. All the more with it being more sensitive as it's a touchscreen and all...

I guess I'm just paranoid when it comes to such things.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I don't think a whole year is a long time if you count a merger of Handspring and the separation of Palm into hardware and OS components. I'm betting that a lot of time was spent on just consolidating the bundled apps (and porting them over to the new Treo). In general though a year between generations isn't too long. Some say this release might not be a new generation, but at least it's not something like a release of a camera-less version.
    And don't forget the biggest reason for delay - the 600 is selling like hotcakes, so why rush the new box out the door until we clear as much inventory as possible at a premium price.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Good grief.

I hope it's BIGGER. Larger screen, larger keyboard.

If you want a smaller phone, then go buy one _without_ a keyboard! As it stands now, a 320x320 res screen is quite useless. The Treo's screen is just too small to make it worthwhile....
    Quote Originally Posted by bbarnett
    Good grief.

I hope it's BIGGER. Larger screen, larger keyboard.

If you want a smaller phone, then go buy one _without_ a keyboard! As it stands now, a 320x320 res screen is quite useless. The Treo's screen is just too small to make it worthwhile....
    I do agree that a larger hi-res+ screen would be more useful; esp viewing spreadsheets. BUT I don't think it's gonna happen on a Treo device; at least not anytime soon.

If previous devices are anything to go by, I believe PalmOne is reserving the display innovations (better, larger, smaller form factor) for the Tungsten|T line. That is why I'm probably gonna get the T4 when it comes out as well (if the rumours of it having hires+ are true).

As for a larger keyboard, that would make the Treo form factor very similar to the Tungsten W/C series. Don't forget that PalmOne is pushing very hard to get the Treo 600 into the hands of mainstream consumers. And a larger size will kill alll hopes of that. IMO, I can only see it getting smaller... Perhaps smaller form factor w/o keyboard? I however, swear by the keyboard.