Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Was talking to a Sprint rep in Atlanta today, when I mentioned I was waiting for the new Treo, he said, "Oh, yeah...". I asked him if he knew when it would be released, he said October 20th.... Me: have you seen one? Him: Yeah - it's sweet, you'll love it!

Now we wait....hope he's right....and after all this, the battery on my almost 4-year-old Samsung is #$@%(*! starting to have problems recharging!! I don't want to buy a new battery that I'll only use for 2 months!! I want to save the $$$ for STUFF for my new Ace!!! If you hear a very LOUD scream it's cause my battery bought the farm....
    Oct 6
    Oct 20
    Nov
    Dec
    Next year

they have all been said

Remeber when the 600 came out, people swore it was August, but it took until Nov.
    Well actually, if my memory serves me well, in June (after the Hawkins leak) they said early October, then in July they said October 10th and the first one to be received by a member of this forum was shipped slightly earlier than that, begining of october, so they've been pretty good with dates... Better than with the Samsung releases (the wait for I-500 was excruciating!)

That said, there was a few "rumors" along the way that it would come out sooner (including some big Orange lauch event in September), and none of them panned out as far as I recall...
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    And while I hate to post a reply to my own post, I just took a stroll down memory lane to see if I could retrieve the first order/receipt.

I believe that it was Leeladisky, using the Sprint business division that was able to order first (on a week end I believe) and received on 10/4 - 10/5.

Here's the original post for the enjoyement of all those of us who were eagerly waiting at the time for the T600. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=36722

So, who will be first this time ?
    Since people have problems with my Einstein quotes, I will now quote my true hero: Homer Simpson.

"Doh !'
    The first of my 4 beloved Treo600s was delivered via UPS on October 9th, 2003 at approximately 5pm central time. The wait was agony but my baby has provided a great deal of joy. He was first swathed in Bellagio followed by Piel Frama. At the ripe age of six, hard leather became the apparel of choice. He is now clad in a red and black IVO suit and has endured a great deal of punishment but remains strong. He is lacking a few good qualities and tries desperately to compensate by being dependable and virtually lasting all day. As soon as a better Treo comes along, I will do what any sensible person would do - dump him for something newer that can do more for me.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeeth
    Well actually, if my memory serves me well, in June (after the Hawkins leak) they said early October, then in July they said October 10th and the first one to be received by a member of this forum was shipped slightly earlier than that, begining of october, so they've been pretty good with dates... Better than with the Samsung releases (the wait for I-500 was excruciating!)

That said, there was a few "rumors" along the way that it would come out sooner (including some big Orange lauch event in September), and none of them panned out as far as I recall...
    Sorry..Oct then.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    Oct 6
    Oct 20
    Nov
    Dec
    Next year

they have all been said

Remeber when the 600 came out, people swore it was August, but it took until Nov.
    I had my Treo600 on Oct 13 of Last year. Still have back that far in the Call log. If I recall I ordered it at the end of September. I know that people on the forum had theirs at least a week before I had mine too. I ordered mine straight from Handspring, and their was a backorder that kept me from getting mine unti the 13th.
    I stand corrected...I even looked at my receipt, and my mid oct order was fulfill in late oct, almost nov.

my bad.
    I ordered thru sprint and got my treo 600 on oct 10th. im betting we see the treo 650 the same time this coming year. Im almost willing to bet on it!
    I had to check so I went back to all those posts from last year (actually kind of funny to read back now: same crowd, same insanity )

Apparently, I got mine on Oct 8, at 10:34AM PST http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...998#post245998

... and it's been a pretty good one since I'm STILL using this same phone! I'm wondering if it'll last a full year or if his successor will show up before that!

Here's to hope http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/image...ies/cheers.gif

"Doh !'
    Checked my posts from last year. I actually received my T600 on October 7th. It is starting all over again. Many of us are in need of psychotrophic medication.
    Pocket Addict

Clie UX50/Ti68/Nextel BB 6510/Treo600/SE T637/Audiovox 5600/HP 4700/Audiovox PPC 6601
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeeth
    ....they've been pretty good with dates... Better than with the Samsung releases (the wait for I-500 was excruciating!)
    How true - I still have psychic damage from the i500 wait.

With the exception of the original Handspring Visor, the "Handspring" brands have always been timely regarding releases, and if memory serves, Palm has routinely had October releases (at least since the Palm V), so here's hoping.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    I ordered thru sprint and got my treo 600 on oct 10th. im betting we see the treo 650 the same time this coming year. Im almost willing to bet on it!
    A bet, a bet!

Sounds tempting...I think it's going to be a bit later than that...
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Boy things on this board are consistent!! I can recall similar threads all the way back to the T180 then T270, T300, and T600. Delivery dates that are given far out almost always slip. They’re a myriad of reasons ranging from development, manufacturing, and not least testing issues. I think we can all agree this phone will be out shortly and the final release date will come into better focus as we get near. We probably will not no for shore more then a week before release.
    This is truly meaningless....was at a Sprint store today and asked the question when would they get the Next Gen of Treo - the gal said sometime in September based upon the internal emails but didn't give a specific date.

I guess we will all just have to wait and see.........
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    October was the drop date for the Treo 600 and I had to go FIND a store to test drive it before I would buy. Then I had to wait in agony while others posted their elation in getting their units already. I got mines on Halloween after waiting 2 weeks for delivery. LOL, I wanted to hug that UPS man.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    It was me!

L
    Lee Ladisky
    I ordered mine the first day they were available at the treo store, here, and received it the next day! I can't wait for the excitement again!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    If the 600 was released less than a year ago (October 2003) why would the next generation come out so soon? One year really isn't that long of a time. I do realize it has caught on like wildfire but people are still buying the 600 and there's still alot of people that are just learning about it. Verizon just started selling the thing. How long was it from the 300 to the 600 release? Just my .02.
    The thing is that new phones are on their way (Sprint) from Daxian and Samsung that are far superior to the t6. They would love it if they could just sell the 600 forever, but need to stay on the cutting edge!

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast