1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo last weekend and am working on installing the necessary (and the not no necessary but very fun) applications!

Was just curious, I am, right now anyways, using the default mail program on the Treo to check my POP3 accounts. Is this a mistake? What advantages are there to using other 3rd Party Software for Mail like Snappermail?

Also, for those that do use the default Mail program....I am wanting to put some wav or MP3 files on the Treo so that when I get new mail, the wav file is played. What is the best program for this? I have just downloaded Lightwav to try out, but I have seen some negative things on here about Lightwav regarding battery drain.

Thanks in advance!
  2.    #2  
    Sorry for the double post...but another quick question....I received an email with an attachment (wav file) that was not associated with any program as of yet. I clicked on it to save the attachment, but where did it save to? I can't find it!
    try the mail program that cam with the treo. Most ppl had picked their mail client before they got the treo and that is what they stuck with.

if you like it, keep using it. There are a couple of gothas. the biggest one being that the file it keeps its mail in doesn't shrink. It will eventually get huge and then you probably have to del and start over again. Some user have a work around. SO a search in communication section for this work around. You may also find other email apps you want to try.

if you registered your treo, didnt you get an option to download a program or two? one of these programs is pocket tunes. It should register as an mp3 player and play your files for you. I dont know if it does the same for wav.

Where did the wav file go? probaly save on your treo. The reason you dont see it is because it is a data file and the palm launcher doesn't show them (data files).

You might see it if you go to the delete option. You will see it if you download and install filez. it is a free file viewer. Do a search on plamgear or handago.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I just registered, and I got Pocket Tunes....but am I able to make the default mail program use Pocket Tunes (or LightWav) to play an audio file when mail is received?
    Lightwav is not compatible with many applications. It really only works for ringers.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    Ok, I just registered, and I got Pocket Tunes....but am I able to make the default mail program use Pocket Tunes (or LightWav) to play an audio file when mail is received?
    you should just need to install pockettunes and it should registered itself aw an mp3 player.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  7.    #7  
    Right....I have installed PocketTunes...and it can play the file. But I have my mail checking every hour, and when new mail is downloaded I want it to play the audio file, through PocketTunes or LightWav or whatever....

In LightWav, there is a way to set an alarm for applications and mail is one of my choices...I set it, but hear no sound when checking the mail....
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    In LightWav, there is a way to set an alarm for applications and mail is one of my choices...I set it, but hear no sound when checking the mail....
    As I said........

Lightwav is NOT compatible with the built in mail application or Snapper Mail version 2.0

Even though you can assign a sound to play in Lightwav, you will not hear it when new mail arrives in the mail application. It simply does not work. The developer of Lightwav is aware of the issue but doesn't plan on fixing it any time soon.
  9.    #9  
    So is there ANY program that allows for this functionality?