Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    I just got a Treo 600. The hinge broke on my 300 and they replaced it with a refurb 600. The problem is that it won't hotsync. I did everything - got a new cable, uninstalled the desktop, reinstalled it, did soft and hard resets and it still won't connect. It just sits there trying to connect. When I installed the software, the computer recognized the Treo and installed the driver, so it isn't the cable. It just won't hotsync. Is it my phone?
    Hmm... sounds like something wrong with the Palm Desktop installation on your PC. Did you install the PD from the CD or that latest version online? Try doing the latter to see if that works. Also, which cable are you using? If it's usb, make sure you directly connect to the usb port and not via a hub as this has caused problems for other users. Finally, have you tried installing on other PC's? If it works on other computers, then it must be something wrong with your current PC...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Well, I tried it on another computer and it works. The other computer has WinXP and mine has Win2K. Could that be the problem? It worked fine with my Treo 300.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924
    Well, I tried it on another computer and it works. The other computer has WinXP and mine has Win2K. Could that be the problem? It worked fine with my Treo 300.
    AHH! You should have mentined that from the begining!

Yes, there are various known compatibility issues with Palm Desktop and Win2k. Checkout the various palm knowledge support pages for more info:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W....tem,CASE=1378

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W....tem,CASE=4699

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ac...win2k_USB.html

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=28586

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Thank you gfunkmagic for your help. Hotsync worked fine on my home desktop with XP. My computer at work had W2K, so I upgraded to XP and Hotsync worked there too. So I upgraded my laptop to XP, reinstalled the software and it still doesn't work. The USB ports work (I tested them with my digital camera), but my Treo won't connect. I'm stumped. Not a huge problem because I can sync from two other computers, but I generally use my laptop to sync (it all worked fine with my 300) and now I can't.
    No problem. One last thing I suggest is it to go through the Hotsync via XP trouble shooting page on PalmOne support:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=28618

If that doesn't, try calling level II tech support via your wireless provider...

7. gcl
    I tried all of these things, I have XP, and it still doesn't sync. The laptop recognizes my Treo 600 by a "bling" sound, but the hotsync app never opens or starts. Any other ideas?
    check your device manger to make sure that you dont have a "?" if you do delete that and let XP install the correct drivers. That solves the trick for me
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gcl
    I tried all of these things, I have XP, and it still doesn't sync. The laptop recognizes my Treo 600 by a "bling" sound, but the hotsync app never opens or starts. Any other ideas?
    This may be a stupid suggestion but you might make sure the HotSynch program is actually running. Check your Startup folder and make sure that HotSynch starts up when you boot your computer. Some people may not want it running all the time and prefer to run it on demand, if that's what you want you can just start HotSynch before plugging in your Treo.