Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    thanks for the updated information.
    morris stalk
    great comparison!
    i want!
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    great site, wanderman! very nice job and a lot of work!
    Thank You Wanderman. When the first pictures of the T650 came out, I had my T600 on my left hand doing visual comp. At one point, I put my T600 next to my laptop screen just so I can cover every detail of difference. I'm sure a good number of us in this thread did the same thing. I really appreciate your generous initiative. Great job!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    Thank You Wanderman. When the first pictures of the T650 came out, I had my T600 on my left hand doing visual comp. At one point, I put my T600 next to my laptop screen just so I can cover every detail of difference. I'm sure a good number of us in this thread did the same thing. I really appreciate your generous initiative. Great job!
    Sure did! Thanks for the great pics wanderman!!!
    Nice comparison pics. One note though, I thought I recalled reading on the pulled Treocentral Ace article that the screen size on the Ace was slightly smaller than the Treo 600...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Nice links and comparison Wanderman.......do you get the 1st ever Silver Treonauts Award....I vote yes.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    Great job...thanks!
    nice side by side comparison...

but I was hoping for an actual side by side pic...as I remember reading that the ACE was going to be slightly smaller in height.
    What is that uncaptioned yellowish jack on the back of the 650, beneath the antenna?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    What is that uncaptioned yellowish jack on the back of the 650, beneath the antenna?
    i wondered about this myself. anyone have any ideas?
    LOL that is on the T600 too..its the connector for the car kit
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    LOL that is on the T600 too..its the connector for the car kit

Yeah, that's the external antenna jack. Btw, I wonder if the current car kit will be compatible with the Ace?....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Great comparison...thanks!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    That is the external antenna connector. It looks to be the same as the one on the 600. It better be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy70
    If you are talking about the THB car kit, it does not look good for compatibility with the Ace. First off, the HotSync/ charge conector is different. The only car kit that will be compatible to the Ace is my car kit.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...hlight=car+kit

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Yeah, that's the external antenna jack. Btw, I wonder if the current car kit will be compatible with the Ace?....
  18.    #18  
    A very BIG Thank You to all for your very kind words of support and encouragement!!!

Hope that you're all having a super weekend and looking forward to the coming week with many more news and events of our Treo.

Cheers, W.
    Great Job!! It's nice getting the inside scoop of this new TREO. I can't wait until it's released.

Question: What is the hole on the back just below the antenna for? Thanks.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    That was wonderful Wanderman!

One thing that I initially noticed and appreciate in the 650 is the way the bottom programs like the "Contacts" and Voice Mail" (listing numeric factor) are embedded in the screen. That was an unexpected improvement to me.

I do miss the numbers on the keybad being different though.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 08/29/2004 at 08:10 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast