Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Flew out of a golf cart.

(For some reason I can't attach files, so here's a link to the picture: http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/kwr...@sbcglobal.net)
    Are you showimg off your 10 megapixel camera? took forever to DL. Is that a permanent wallpaper on your Treo now? Hope you have insurance.

I am due for a new Treo I hope. Quite often (like right now), no matter how many times I hit the power button or the other 4 buttons, I could not get the backlight to come on. I phone the Treo and it does'nt ring and goes to voicemail. The LED is flashing green. It's got a mind of it's own. It's taking a nap and don't want to be disturbed. Resetting will wake it up. Going to the Sprint store.
  3.    #3  
    That is what I see on my screen. No insurance.
    ouch. sorry for your loss.

which brings up the point - treocentral forum should have a sticky where damaged treos are posted up so that people who want to buy damaged treos can buy them to salvage parts - like batteries etc etc. it's incredible how many people look for dead treos.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Flew out of a golf cart.

Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    lol, the cat in your avatar is always funny.
    Cell Phone History: Sanyo 6200, Sanyo 4900, Sanyo 5300, Treo 600 and now the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    This reminds me of a shock I received this week concerning insurance for my Treo. I called T-Mobile to change the options on my plan and asked why the phone insurance wasn't showing up on the web site. I had called back in March after getting my Treo and asked to have the insurance added to my plan because theTreo was so expensive. Well somehow the insurance was never added and now I cannot add it. Man was I PO'd but there is nothing I can do to prove that I called and asked for it. T-Mobile changed their policy in June of this year such that you have only 7 days to get insurance on a new phone.
    nasty well adleast you know the ACE is coming soon
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    bummer
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    A member of the Treo Central staff without a Treo? Somehow that doesn't seem right.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Was it in a case or naked when the accident occurred?

I don't have insurance on mine either so I'd be in the same boat if something similar were to happen to my baby.

What do you plan on replacing it with?

P.S. I hope you at least had a good round.
  10.    #10  
    I had it in my case that I'd taken off my belt (the standard OEM leather belt case), and I thought that had protected it. Until I turned it on. Right now I have my 300 playing in the place of the injured 600. Don't know how long I can put up with it, though. I know the ace is coming, and I heard from a friend of a friend who works at a sprint store that it will be here in two weeks. I really don't believe him, but that's what I heard.
  11. crp
    Maybe you take it to the Sprint Store & tell them you've got the "Network Search" defect & you'll get a replacement?
    Sprint Treo 755p, 650. Before that: Treo 600, 300, Pilot & Palm Pilot.
    tell them the firmware upgrade killed it
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    this sad story could have been prevented!

just charge the treo on an amex or mc card that has extended warranty....as long as the device is not completely destroyed, you are covered.

this has saved me thousands over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    A member of the Treo Central staff without a Treo? Somehow that doesn't seem right.
    Sorry for your loss Kurt

Thats pretty common actually. MarkEagle said he doesnt have one and I dont believe Toolkit does either. Non treo staff now seem to be the majority.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri

which brings up the point - treocentral forum should have a sticky where damaged treos are posted up so that people who want to buy damaged treos can buy them to salvage parts - like batteries etc etc. it's incredible how many people look for dead treos.

rossoneri, that signature rocks! push that beat out, baby!! . hahaha... sh$t!! dig it.
    That is what I see on my screen. No insurance.
    Too bad! But that picture of your broken one would make a great backround pic.

(Feel like I just stepped on a grave... ...shuddering)
    Dang... well, that sucks Kurt.
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Funny, the same thing happened to my 300, but I also ran over it. My 300's screen looked the same.

Took mine to the Sprint Store, showed to the rep there and he said, we get you a replacement. I said, can you give me a 600? If you extend your contract for one year (it was up in about 7 days, anyway) and pay the difference in price between the phones ... $100. So I did.

So Kurt, take it to the store, tell them it's under warranty and see if they will give you a new one. It can't hurt.

Just one bit of advice (as offered by my divorce attorney) never volunteer any info, just answer their questions with as few words as possible, yes or no would be perfect.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
  19.    #19  
    Newtreouser has offered to fix mine for a fee. I think I'm going to go down that route. It should hang on until the new one arrives. Then I am getting insurance for it asap.
    Kurt,

Good news!
    Your Treo has been repaired. Everything appears to be working. I tested all functions except Vision (can't because phone deactivated). I was able to call the Sprint operator only. I sent you a pic of your "phone info" as proof that your display is working.
    I'll give you a call tomorrow to arrange shipment back to you.

Steve

Newtreouser has offered to fix mine for a fee. I think I'm going to go down that route. It should hang on until the new one arrives. Then I am getting insurance for it asap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast