Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    this sad story could have been prevented!

just charge the treo on an amex or mc card that has extended warranty....as long as the device is not completely destroyed, you are covered.

this has saved me thousands over the years.
    Good advice! Although I'm an advocate for insurance in general.

Glad NewTreouser was able to fix it for you!!!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    this sad story could have been prevented!

just charge the treo on an amex or mc card that has extended warranty....as long as the device is not completely destroyed, you are covered.

this has saved me thousands over the years.
    Even if you destroy it yourself? This wasn't a matter of it just stopped working. It got smashed.
  3.    #23  
    For all to see, here's my baby, alive and well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BTW: How much did it cost to fix that level of damage with shipping?

-WC-
    @ NewTreoUSer

can you get a set of keypad, volume rocker, antena, SIM tray, both faceplates, etc from an Orange Carbon Grey version?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Sorry, the parts phone I have is a Sprint CDMA unit.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    @ NewTreoUSer

can you get a set of keypad, volume rocker, antena, SIM tray, both faceplates, etc from an Orange Carbon Grey version?
    I don't see why u guys r so worked up about it. just send it back to the carrier to fix. I'm getting my 4th tmo treo in a few days. they usually replace it for free. unless u dropped it and broke the screen or plastic. in which case they will charge u 70 bucks. insurance is useful if u lose your phone... but warranty is a much quicker process for damaged treos... tmo will even send an advanced exchange
    Hey all. My first post here. Been reading the threads and they have helped me a great deal in getting my Treo 600 up and running! Thanks!

I do have a problem. I purchased a Treo 600 off ebay for $550 US about three months ago. It was a locked AT&T. I had to re-install firmware to get it to work with the Rogers network. No problems. Now I have a dead pixel snake crawling on my screen. The neon orange dots. Is this repairable? Most likely I assume there is no warranty on this. Am I basically screwed on this one?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12