Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Wanted: One Treo 600, GSM, unlocked
    For: A good cause
    Why: To help develop the best Treo security program ever

I've been corresponding with Alex Robinson, the developer of OnlyMe. There are some modifications he would like to make to OnlyMe (the best Palm security program IMHO), but he needs a Treo 600 to work on. One of those modifications includes a SMS-triggered lock/hard reset. Without an actual Treo 600, it's hard to create these Treo-specific features.

If anyone has a Treo 600 to donate or loan, please contact Alex directly at onlyme_info@tranzoa.com. There's more information about OnlyMe at www.tranzoa.com.

--Bill Adler
    www.adlerrobin.com
    heheheheeheheh. nice one. i am making a mod to a ferrari. anyone want to loan me one? it's for a good cause too.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I think there are emulators that he can use for these purposes... Maybe he should get in touch with some of the developers here to get a copy insteaad.
    Actually Alex had done a great job with OnlyMe and his support is simply amazing. I might have an old one I used, I'll contact Alex directly.
    I don't mean to sound like a jerk but this has bothered me since I first read it and I'm finally going to respond.

Doesn't he charge for "Only Me"? It's not even like it's one of the cheaper Palm apps out there. I mean it's $19.95! Couldn't he use some of the money he makes off the sales of his software to finance the purchase of the Treo, or as mentioned above the purchase of Palm emulator software.

Not to mention, isn't what he is trying to do (allowing for an SMS triggered lock) already done by a different security application? If he wanted to the Treo to something revolutionary, like getting the Bluetooth SD card to work or something that would be a different story.

I mean, I'm all for supporting the Palm developers, but this is taking it a little too far.

Sorry for the rant.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I don't mean to sound like a jerk but this has bothered me since I first read it and I'm finally going to respond.

Doesn't he charge for "Only Me"? It's not even like it's one of the cheaper Palm apps out there. I mean it's $19.95! Couldn't he use some of the money he makes off the sales of his software to finance the purchase of the Treo, or as mentioned above the purchase of Palm emulator software.

Not to mention, isn't what he is trying to do (allowing for an SMS triggered lock) already done by a different security application? If he wanted to the Treo to something revolutionary, like getting the Bluetooth SD card to work or something that would be a different story.

I mean, I'm all for supporting the Palm developers, but this is taking it a little too far.

Sorry for the rant.

I'm responsible for this: I suggested to Alex that he might either want to post a request here or I could do it for him. The request for a Treo 600 came from me, not from Alex Robinson.

One of the reasons that I made this request is that of all the Treo software developers out there, I've found that Alex Robinson has been the most responsive to my technical queries. I like his product (which works better on my Treo 600 than all the others I've purchased and tried), and I like the way he conducts himself. I thought that making this request on Treocentral would be a nice thing to do.

--Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg

Sorry for the rant.
    The awesomeself righteousness of this thread is ... thrilling. Any of you folks want to run for VicePresident on the Zell Miller ticket?

Personally I would certainly lend my Ferrari t someone willing to improve it for me. If only I had a Ferrari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm
    The awesomeself righteousness of this thread is ... thrilling. Any of you folks want to run for VicePresident on the Zell Miller ticket?

Personally I would certainly lend my Ferrari t someone willing to improve it for me. If only I had a Ferrari!

It's called having your own opinion. But I guess you failed to see that. You know what they about opinions right? They are kind of like a-holes. Everyone's got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesm

lend your treo then.
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...